Thursday, 16 August 2012

Books Read: Sadie Matthews - Fire after Dark

Source - Won in a twitter competition
It started with a spark ...

Everything changed when I met Dominic.  My heart had just been broken, split into jagged fragments that can jigsaw together to make me look enough like a normal, happy person.

But Dominic has shown me a kind of abandonment I've never known before.  He takes me down a path of pure pleasure, but of pain, too - his love offers me both lightness and dark.  And where he leads me, I have no choice but to follow.

Having not read the 'other' books that have taken the erotic fiction charts by storm, I didn't have anything to compare this book to which I actually think is a good thing. 

When we first meet Beth she is just coming out of a relationship she's in need of a change of scenery so when she's asked if she'd liked to housesit in Mayfair, she readily accepts.  But little does she know how her 5 weeks in London will change her life...

She soon meets Dominic, who she is instantly drawn to, who lives in the apartment block opposite and with him she soon finds herself going on a journey of discovery about herself...  

As mentioned before I haven't read any of the similar books so have nothing to compare it to but I found this to be a very well written book that was extremely easy to read.  Although it definitely falls into the erotic fiction category there is more to it than just sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment