Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas Shorts with... Logan Belle

Next up in the Christmas Shorts features is an interview with American author Logan Belle.  Logan is the author of the erotic burlesque series, Blue Angel, Fallen Angel and Naked Angel, recently published here in the UK which I'll be reviewing shortly. 

What is your earliest Christmas memory? 
I was seven or eight and my mother brought home our first Christmas tree.  It was not a real tree -- the branches screwed into the spine but I LOVED it.  We are Jewish and never celebrated Christmas but my mother thought it was important for us to experience it.  She put an enormous Santa portrait on the interior of the door.  It was revolutionary to us.  My father was not happy. 

What is or was the best book-related Christmas gift that you’ve received?
When I was seven I got a beautiful edition of Little Women.  A few years ago, I tracked down the same edition online for my daughter.  More recently, I received a Nook - the Barnes&Noble e-reader.  It's truly a gift that keeps on giving.  

What is your favourite Christmas book?
Holidays on Ice - Stories by David Sedaris.

What is your favourite Christmas film?
I'm a huge Judy Garland fan, and so for me the ultimate Christmas movie is Meet Me in St Louis, which seems to play every year around the holiday.

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Do They Know It's Christmas? by Bob Geldof/Band Aid


If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I live in New York City, and it really feels like the ultimate place to be during Christmas.  The tree in Rockefeller Center, the elaborate window displays up and down Madison Avenue, the energy of people who flock here from all over the world this time of year - it's amazing. 

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
A break from the frantic pace of everyday life.  Time with my daughters that doesn't involve homework, scheduling activities, and everything else that makes us crazy year-round.  

Will you be making a new years resolution?
Yes!  My resolution is to eat less sugar.  I am addicted.  Of course, knowing this is my resolution gives me license to eat everything in sight between now and January1.

Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?
My fiance, who is also my literary agent.  We have a true partnership in every way.

Finally a few quick fire questions to finish

Christmas at Home or Away? Home
Mulled Wine or Winter Pimms? Winter Pimms
Sprouts... delicious or evil? Evil
Yule Log or Mince Pie? Yule Log
A Christmas Carol or Hogfather? A Christmas Carol
Miracle on 34th Street or It’s a Wonderful Life? Miracle on 34th Street

No comments:

Post a Comment