Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Shorts with... Scarlett Bailey

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already and time for my final Christmas Shorts guest who is the fabulously talented Scarlett Bailey.

Scarlett is a huge fan of all things Christmas as can be seen in her books, The Night before Christmas and Married by Christmas, both of which I really enjoyed reading.  I also have her Christmas novella Santa Maybe on my Kindle to read over the next few days.

 What is your earliest Christmas memory?  
This is a tough one, I think it's getting up at the crack of dawn at around four or five, after being woken up by my older brother and waking up my parents. It was always such a unique feeling, dark outside, the world asleep, lights twinkling, presents waiting.   

What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
It's well known that I used to love a McVities Tunis Cake, you can't get these anymore, this will be my second attempt at baking one. Last years failed miserably. So cake and leaving a snack out for Santa!

What is or was the best book-related Christmas gift that you’ve received?
I once got given a second edition of Jane Eyre, battered and in terrible condition, but about as close the first edition as I will ever get, and I love it!  
 
What is your favourite Christmas book?
Every year I read at least a bit of A Christmas Carol 
 
What is your favourite Christmas film?
I like White Christmas, with Bing in. I love Holiday Inn too, where the song White Christmas was first heard and became so popular it got its own film!
 
What is your favourite Christmas song?
See above! I love Bing singing this song, I just do.

 
If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 
In bed, I am very tired. No? Ok, I think I'd spend it in Blighty. I like to travel, but Christmas is a time to be at home.
 
What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
Bed? No, ok .... the tree. I'm getting the tree this weekend and I'm going to decorate it to literally within an inch of its life.  
 
Will you be making a new years resolution?   
Yes, its to learn to type.

Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?
Anyone passing, I'm not fussy. But mainly Johnny Depp. And my  husband. Husband first, obviously.
 
What one thing would you like to receive in your stocking?
Something sparkly. I don't really care for designer labels or precious metals, but I do love a thing that glitters.
 
Finally a few quick fire questions to finish

Christmas at Home or Away? Home
Mulled Wine or Winter Pimms? Baileys on Ice
Sprouts... Delicious or evil? EVIL INCARNATE, why? why/ Sprouts and wasps, always I ask why?
Yule Log or Mince Pie? Yule Log any day of the bloomin' week
A Christmas Carol or Hogfather? A Christmas Carol Fo Sho
Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life? Oh dear. Um. The Original Miracle on 34th Street. Just. 

No comments:

Post a Comment