Saturday 16 March 2013

Irish Fiction Month Sneak Peeks: Casey Hill - Hidden

I really must get my review pile under control so that I can start to read some of the books I bought last year that I haven't found the time to read yet.  One of the books in the pile is Torn by Casey Hill, husband and wife team Melissa and Kevin Hill, especially as the next book in the series, Hidden, is being published this year.

A Fallen Angel. A Devil on the Loose....

When a young girl is discovered dead on an isolated Irish country road, it seems at first glance to be a simple hit and run. Then the cops see the tattoo on her back - a pair of beautifully wrought angel wings that lend the victim a sense of ethereal innocence. 


Forensic investigator Reilly Steel is soon on the scene and her highly tuned sixth sense tells her there is more to this case than a straightforward murder. But with almost zero evidence and no way to trace the girl's origin, Reilly and the police are at a loss. 


Then the angel tattoo is traced to other children - both dead and alive - who are similarly marked, and Reilly starts to suspect they have all been abducted by the same person. But why? 


The answer lies with a centuries-old mystery and a mute child..


Hidden will be available as an eBook in March and in paperback format in August which gives me a little longer to read Torn as I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart and still much prefer reading physical books to eBooks.

2 comments:

  1. Great book and series, Cannot wait for Hidden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Torn which I bought in trade last year and I don't know why I haven't picked it up because I loved Taboo.

    ReplyDelete