Sunday, 14 April 2013

Guest Book Review: Cait O'Sullivan - Romancing the Seas

Reviewed by Louise

Sous-chef Pippa Renshaw thinks a change of scene will mend her bruised heart, so she swaps her job in a prestigious London restaurant to head-chef on a cruise ship sailing around New Zealand. A great plan until she meets her new CEO, the delectable Jonathon Eagleton, and discovers she has to share a suite with him.

Even though sparks fly whenever they are together, Jonathon steadfastly keeps her at arm’s length, which suits Pippa just fine because she’s still getting over the betrayal of the last time she had a relationship with the boss.

The situation is starting to feel like solitary confinement until a thunderstorm traps them in a tramper’s hut while hiking. Suddenly a different kind of storm unleashes inside the hut. 

But will they be able to go back to their previous status now the line has been crossed?

I'd like to thank Sharon for giving me the chance to review a couple of books for her blog as it's something I'd like to do myself in the future so wanted to give it a go to see if I liked it, and whether you all think I was any good!  The first book I chose to review was an ecopy of Romancing the Seas by Cait O'Sullivan.

Pippa has moved half way across the world to take up a job as head chef on a cruise ship sailing around the New Zealand coastline.  But her new job doesn't exactly get off to a good start when she arrives late after flight delays to find that the guy who hired her has been replaced, and the new CEO Jonathon seems to be under the impression she was hired for her looks and not her talent!  

It doesn't help that Pippa had felt an instant physical attraction to Jonathon before she realised he was her new boss, but now that she knows he is she cannot act on it as she promised herself she'd never put herself in that position again... 

Little does she know that the feelings are reciprocated by Jonathon who is fighting just as hard to ignore his feelings as he needs to concentrate on his meetings with a potential business partner,  that could save the cruise line, whose daughter is not backwards at coming forwards in her intentions that Jonathon be more than just a business partner...

This was a bit of a slow starter for me and took me quite a few chapters to get into the story but after a while the pace picked up and I was soon following the ups and downs of Pippa and Jonathon's relationship.  It was a bit of a predictable schmaltzy love story but seeing as it's published by Crimson Romance I knew to expect this so that didn't put me off.

I really enjoyed reading about the descriptions of the Maori culture and the New Zealand scenery as New Zealand is one of the countries I've always wanted to visit.

Would I recommend it?.. maybe, it's an OK read to help pass the hours but it's not one that I'm likely to read again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment