Saturday 12 October 2013

Books Read: Alexandra Brown - Me and Mr Carrington

Georgie Hart can’t believe her luck. It looks like Tom, the hunky boss of Carrington’s Department Store, in the picture-postcard town of Mulberry-on-Sea, is as hot for her as she is for him. After a romantic Italian get-together leaves her on Cloud Nine, Georgie is brought back down to earth with a bump when she has to get back behind the counter of the Luxury Handbags section.

But when Georgie is left open-mouthed by a revelation from one of her well-heeled customers, it seems like Tom hasn’t been entirely honest with her. Has Georgie done her usual trick of adding two and two together to make five?


Ever wondered what happened when Georgie first got together with Mr Carrington himself? This deliciously funny short story is perfect for anyone who loved Cupcakes at Carrington’s, and for those discovering the lovable Georgie Hart for the first time.



As soon as Alexandra Brown announced that there would be an exclusive short story published ahead of her next book Christmas at Carrington's I pre-ordered a copy of Me and Mr Carrington which I read as soon as it downloaded on Thursday.

In this novella the story picks up shortly after we last met them, it's Georgie's first day back at work after attending best friend Sam's wedding in Italy where she was surprised by the attendance of the gorgeous Tom Carrington.  After a fantastic night with Tom she's now wondering what the future holds for them especially as she now knows his true connection to Carrington's.

As this is a short story I can't really review it without giving anything away so I'm not actually going to tell you any more about the story so you'll have to read it for yourself.  But what I will say is it is a delightful read with some interesting characters and a misunderstanding that causes Georgie to question everything about her relationship with Tom.

Once again Alexandra Brown's descriptive writing takes us back to the shop floor and it's easy to picture it as if you are there in person.  I'd love to be browsing the store although I'll never in a million years be able to buy any of the designer handbags that she beautifully describes...

I loved Cupcakes at Carrington's when I read it earlier this year so it was great to catch up with the delightful Georgie and Co. ahead of Christmas at Carrington's which is due out next month.   And as an additional bonus there's a sneak peek for Christmas at Carrington's to whet your appetite.  I've been lucky enough to receive an advance copy of the book but I'm trying so hard to resist reading it as I want to include it in my Christmas reading challenge in December.... will I be able to resist?  I doubt it!

5 comments:

  1. Haven't read previous books, can I start with this short story or do I need to read previous ones....got so much to read, not enough hours in my day.....help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend reading the first book Cupcakes at Carrington's first to introduce you to the characters but I think this novella can be read on its own without having read Cupcakes

      Delete
  2. Thank you....so cupcakes, then the short story, then the Christmas one?? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sharon for your advice xxxx

    ReplyDelete