Thursday 31 October 2013

Character Interview: Meg Jefferson from Johnny Be Good & Baby Be Mine

Today I'm interviewing Meg Jefferson who we first met in Paige Toon's Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine, and who'll be back again soon in Johnny's Girl, an exclusive short story bringing us up to date with her life with Johnny.  

Meg’s life has taken a turn for the perfect. She is the envy of millions with her drop dead gorgeous husband, their two beautiful sons and her new mansion in Henley. Her celebrity PA days are over. But desperate to keep up with her rock star husband, Johnny Jefferson, she uproots her perfect family and moves back to LA. 

Meg has to learn to live with her new celebrity status and the insecurities of her old life, which keep reappearing. Under the paparazzi flash of an A-List party, complete with red carpet, champagne and canapés, Johnny’s rock star past catches up with him and Meg’s worst nightmare becomes a reality…

You and Johnny had a rocky past before you got your ‘happy ever after’ ending, what is about Johnny that you just couldn’t resist?
Urgh. He was such a shithead when I first met him, but a sexy shithead. There was something about him - and I'm not just talking about his looks - he's confident and talented and people are drawn to him. But once you cut past all the non-commitment crap, he's also very loving and loyal.

What makes your relationship with Johnny work? 
A combination of love and attraction. We trust each other, too. And we depend on each other. I think he might have depended on me more to begin with, but now we're equal.

How are you enjoying living the ‘celebrity’ lifestyle in LA? 
It's so weird! I don't think I'll ever get used to it. In some ways, I get a little bit of a buzz when the paps spot me, but usually, unless I'm with Johnny, they tend to leave me alone. That's nice, too.

How are you coping with the news about Johnny’s secret daughter Jessie? 
Hmm. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. I have to trust that we'll get through this. I know we will, but it's going to be a rough ride, I'm sure of that much.

Are your boys happy to have a big sister? 
They don't really understand yet what's going on. Phoenix is still a baby, and Barney is only four. I hope Jessie will be a good influence on them and not the opposite... Time will tell, I guess.

What are your hopes and dreams for the future? 
I just want to be happy with Johnny and our two boys. I accept that our family has expanded, and I just hope everything settles down soon. Hopefully this change will be for the better, but if I'm being completely honest with you, it's hard to believe that right now...

Johnny's Girl will be published as an eBook next week, 7th November, so why not pre-order your copy today.   Amazon link: Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment