Tuesday 10 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 10: Festive Fun with Jennifer


Today's Coundown to Christmas feature is a festive fun Q&A with fellow blogger Jennifer from Jennifer Joyce Writes.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
My earliest memory of Christmas is waiting for Santa to arrive at school when I was around 5. All the infants had gathered in the hall and the fog light had been switched on outside so Santa could find us easily. We had to be really quiet so we could hear the jingle bells of his sleigh – and we did! When he arrived, we all received a gift. All the girls got a plastic jewellery box (mine was pink). I haven’t a clue what the boys got!

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
So much! I love doing craft things with my daughters and attempting to bake, watching Christmas films and listening to Christmas music. We also go to the reindeer parade in town, which I look forward to more than the kids! Ooh, and we’re also going to watch Home Alone at the cinema just before Christmas too. Can’t wait for that (even though I’ve seen it a million times at home).

Do you have any family traditions that you always follow? 
On Christmas Eve, we read The Night Before Christmas as well as a more modern version, Another Night Before Christmas and we always order pizza for tea.

We always have bacon sandwiches for breakfast on Christmas morning, usually mid present opening. It’s my husband’s job to de-tag the toys while I have the joy of making Christmas dinner.

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative? 
We’re pretty traditional, but we have duck instead of turkey. I LOVE sprouts, by the way.

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
Ooh, tough one. There are so many wonderful Christmas songs but I’d say my favourite is 
Slade’s ‘Merry Christmas Everybody’.

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon? 
I don’t get the chance as I’m in and out of the kitchen all day! If I could though, it would be The Santa Clause as it’s a fun, family Christmas film that’s a little bit magical.

Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again? 
Does The Night Before Christmas count? I love reading it to my girls.

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door? 
Michael Buble please!

Which celebrity would you like to snog under the mistletoe?
Paul Rudd please!

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York. I’ve already spent a Christmas in New York and loved it.

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas? 
I’m not very good at choosing presents for myself. I do like new pyjamas though.

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
I hate to think of people being alone at Christmas. If I could organise a big family-style Christmas for those on their own to get together for the day, that would be great.

Now a few quickfire questions to close...

Tree: real or artificial? Artificial.

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? Multi-coloured.

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Bucks Fizz.

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Mince pies.

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? Trivial Pursuit.

Connect with Jennifer via Twitter @Writer_Jenn or follow her reviews on her blog http://www.jenniferjoycewrites.co.uk where we'll also be able to follow her news as she gets ready to publish her debut book in January.  Good luck Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment