Friday 13 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 13: Festive Fun with Laura


This afternoon I am joined by fellow blogger Laura, who reviews at Laura's Little Book Blog, for a festive fun Q&A.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
It’s got to be waking up at 3am on Christmas morning when I was 5 and seeing that Santa had been as my stocking was full of presents. I was so excited that I went and woke my sister up and we unwrapped our presents together in my room. One of the presents was a Disney torch and we woke up my parents by shining it in to their room. I don’t think they were best pleased, but I was just so excited and wanted to go downstairs and open our other presents and see the evidence that Santa had drunk his milk, eaten his mince pie and given the carrot to Rudolph.

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
It will be my niece’s first Christmas this year so I can’t wait to celebrate it with her and for her to get incredibly excited about all the lights and the wrapping paper (because I know she will more excited about the wrapping paper than the presents!).

Do you have any family traditions that you always follow? 
We always put up the Christmas decorations together and we take it in turns where to host  Christmas. So every odd year it’s at my Aunties and every even year it’s at my Mum’s.

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative? 
We always have the full works as there is 12 of us, so why not go all out.

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
Ah I don’t think I can choose just one! OK The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. Do love the old classics :)

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon? 
Well we usually save our present opening from each other in the afternoon, so don’t watch any films. At 9pm we usually settle down onto the sofa and watch whatever Christmas special is on.

Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again? 
The Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley. Got to be the most festive, feel good Christmas book I have ever read.

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door? 
If they were still all here then Queen.

Which celebrity would you like to snog under the mistletoe?
Channing Tatum. Now that would be a Christmas present!

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
At home. That is the only place I would ever like to spend Christmas :)

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas? 
A bookcase, not expecting it but here’s hoping :)

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
Go to the local Children’s hospital with sacks full of toys and spend the day with them playing games and giving them the best Christmas that they deserve.

Now a few quickfire questions to finish... 

Tree: real or artificial? REAL! The smell makes me feel all Christmassy :)

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? White (coloured when I was little)

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Mulled Wine

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Mince Pies!

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? Disney Trivial Pursuit :)

You can read Laura's reviews at http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot.co.uk or chat to her on Twitter @Midnightstar3 

No comments:

Post a Comment