Tuesday 3 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 3: Festive Fun Q&A with Elizabeth


The latest participant in my Countdown to Christmas feature is beauty blogger and keen bookworm Elizabeth who's agreed to take part in the festive fun q&a.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
The traditional Christmas eve walk with Dad and the doggy, although we aren’t religious at all its the one time we'd go and visit the 'Mary & Jesus' statue in the church garden, it was always lit up and very peaceful.

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
As with every Christmas, its the Christmas shopping, and then hearing from people after they've opened their gifts! This is the best bit about Christmas for me. I love knowing I've chosen something good, and I've made them smile and feel like I've bothered to look for something personal and very 'them', I like sharing Christmas spirit and making people feel loved.

Do you have any family traditions that you always follow?
We don't really have them anymore now that we are all adults, but there are two I can think of from when we were kids: First, until it broke a few years back we had a robin tree decoration that had to go on the tree first, before any other decorations. Secondly our morning routine: When we were little we opened our Christmas stocking at 6am on the dot on mum and dads bed, we then had to go and play with the contents until 8am (so mum and dad could sleep!) then go down for breakfast. The lounge was shut and the curtains drawn so we couldn't see in from the kitchen (french doors) and we were only allowed in to see our 'main' presents once we'd all eaten breakfast. Me and my brother would eat pop tarts so so fast but Dad would always want his normal breakfast of porridge, toast and fruit.. it would drive us bonkers waiting for him to finish! Now we don't have stockings anymore, but the 8am rule still stands! Oh and every Christmas we'd get a disney video, so that would have to go on in the afternoon. Oh and on Christmas eve we had to sing Christmas songs on the sofa with mum (my favourite was Rudolph the red nosed reindeer) before we could go to bed.

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative?
The traditional!! Turkey, yorkshires, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, swede and carrot mash, red cabbage, gravy, more roast potatoes... followed by christmas pudding and chocolate yule log!

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
I love Elton Johns Step-into-Christmas, I play it on loop when I'm wrapping presents!

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon?
Either Elf or Home Alone, though I have heard that theres a new disney film coming out about the snow queen, so if Father Christmas is listening I'd like that to watch please!
Ps: I always watch Muppets Christmas Carol in the lead up, I can't watch it on the day because mum doesn't like puppets!


Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again? Not really, I tend to read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because of the Yule Ball :)

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door?
Ohh this is a toughie, I love too many! Katy Perry or GaGa would be welcome, as would the Glee cast.. Robbie Williams would be welcome if he stuck to his beautiful soulful swing voice, not that smarmy 'Candie' pop crap, and I'd let Adele sing as long as she didn't speak.

Which celebrity would you like to snog under the mistletoe?
Mila Kulnis, hands down.

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
One year I'm going to spend Christmas at Lapland :) And then New Years Eve in New York :)

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas?
I'm asking Father Christmas for a Zoom lens, I hate asking for practical things though so I'd love some beautiful makeup or Harry Potter themed jewellery...

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
If my family were a bit more normal I'd invite them for christmas dinner!

Now a few quickfire questions to finish off...

Tree: real or artificial? Real!!! (though we can't have one because of the puppy, sore paws!)

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? One tree of each :)

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Mulled Wine, Bucks fizz is for New Years!

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Mince pies with icing on!

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? I'm a really sore loser, and my brother is a sore winner, so I try not to play, but I do like Monopoly or Uno!

Thanks for joining in Elizabeth.  Head over to http://mungleville.wordpress.com for Elizabeth's reviews on all things beauty, food and books, http://munglevision.tumblr.com to see her photo portfolio, or follow her on Twitter @Mungle

1 comment: