Thursday 5 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 5: Festive Fun Q&A with Margaret


The latest blogger to take part in my Countdown to Christmas with a festive fun Q&A is Margaret who reviews at BleachHouseLibrary.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
My parents used to bring us in to Dublin City Centre every Christmas Eve to look at the lights and decorations and see all the market stalls.  There was less Christmas mania in the shops back then, so this was a huge treat for us.

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
I’m hoping Santa will bring me a Kindle Fire, as I have the old Kindle with no backlight and love reading late into the night but husband would prefer the light off !

Do you have any family traditions that you always follow? 

We always open our gifts on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day, just leaving the Santa ones for the big day.  The tradition goes back to my Family. 

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative?

Love, love, love the traditional Christmas : Turkey, Ham, stuffing, Christmas Cake ( although, even though I make one every year, it’s only my husband who eats it.  The kids pick off the icing J

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas”

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon?
Elf with Will Ferrell.  Just sooooo funny!

Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again?
I read the kids “ The Christmas Miracle of Johnathon Twomey” every year. So sweet.

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door?
Michael Buble.....Hubba Hubba !!!!

Which celebrity would you like to snog under the mistletoe?
Clive Owen, no doubt J

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right here, In Co. Louth, Ireland, with my amazing family.  Just perfect.

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas?
Kindle Fire HD

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
As we foster Children, I feel we do this every year anyway.  It is a joy to see their faces when they have never celebrated Christmas before......Christmas is all about Children!

Now a few quickfire questions to finish...

Tree: real or artificial?  Real

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured?  White

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Buck Fizz

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Neither for me.....both for Hubby

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? Scatagories...always causes masses of laughter.

Thanks Margaret.  Head over to http://bleachhouselibrary.blogspot.co.uk to read Margaret's reviews or connect with her on Twitter @margaretbmadden.

1 comment:

  1. I am massively in awe of you, Margaret for fostering children and lucky them for getting to stay with you for a while! I went into my local library recently and a foster mum was taking two children to the library for the first time, it was such a joy, watching them as they bombed round choosing books as if they were in a sweet shop.

    ReplyDelete