Saturday 1 March 2014

Reader Spotlight: Stacey Hargreaves


Under the reader spotlight today is the Stacey Hargreaves who reviews at Fairy Tale Ending book reviews.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m Stacey. I’m 28 years old and I'm a bookworm from Derby. When I'm not reading, I'm an accountant (and occasionally when I'm supposed to be an accountant, I'm reading!). I love music and going to gigs but I'm completely tone deaf, so steer clear if I'm singing! I've got two little boy cats and I'm getting married in May 2015.

Have you always been a bookworm?
Absolutely - I think I've always loved to read. Of course, I took a little break from reading around the age of 15 whilst I discovered boys/nightclubs and then a bit more of an important break whilst studying for my accountancy exams - seriously, I had to wait for two years to read the final Harry Potter book after it was released - but otherwise I've always had my head in a book.

Do you have a favourite author? 
I couldn't possibly pick just one! My favourites include Jamie McGuire, Lindsey Kelk, Colleen Hoover, Molly McAdams, SC Stephens, Paige Toon and Katy Evans to name a few.
What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again? Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It came up as a recommendation on Goodreads a couple of years ago and I've probably read it at least half a dozen times already.

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything?
I'm a sucker for a love story, whether that be a chick-lit, romance, new/young adult or a bit of smut! Fantasy books are the only thing I won't read (with the exception of a Harry Potter) and since I like to switch off when I'm reading, I generally avoid anything that's too taxing like a thriller or crime.

What book is top of your current wishlist?
My wish list is endless but I think the book I'm most excited about is Captivated by You by Sylvia Day - though it doesn't even have a release date yet so I think I'm going to be waiting a while.

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I do love a physical book - they look so pretty on my book shelves but they're just so impractical compared to ebooks. At least 90% of the books I read are on my iPad. It's amazing that thousands of books are available at the touch of a button, they all fit in my handbag and more importantly, I can read them in the dark!

If I had a library like Belle's library I'd probably own a lot more books but I keep the few shelves I do have for my favourites - even if I already have them as an ebook. 

What was the last book you read that made you cry? 
The Games Trilogy by Nyrae Dawn. All three books brought tears to my eyes.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose? 
My beautiful Harry Potter box set counts as one right?! My other two choices would have to be my very favourite book - Beautiful Disaster and then for a bit of humour, The Single Girl's To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters?
Books made into films - always sounds so good until you see them... PS I Love You massacred the book. Even the Harry Potter films, as brilliant as they were, couldn't recreate all of the magic. Personally, I'd much rather keep my favourite books in my head but if they could do it well, I'd love to see Lindsey Kelk's I Heart Series. I'd cast the lovely Brandon Flowers from The Killers as Alex, Zooey Deschanel as Angela and Reese Witherspoon as Jenny.

Thanks for taking part Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment