Saturday 26 April 2014

Books Read: Claudia Carroll - Me & You

“I’m fine. I’m sorry. Please take care of him for me. And maybe one day I’ll get to explain.” 

Angie knows a lot about her best friend Kitty. She knows Kitty is mad and wild and loves to wear clashing colours. She knows she’s incredibly funny and generous but also very unreliable. And she knows that there is a perfect explanation for Kitty standing her up on her birthday. She thinks she knows everything about Kitty, except she doesn’t. 


Kitty knows that she is the happiest she has ever been. She knows she’s so lucky to have a lovely boyfriend, Simon and a best friend like Angie. But what she doesn’t know is that on this night, her past is finally going to catch up with her and change everything.



Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

Claudia Carroll's Me & You is another one of the books that has been sadly neglected in my TBR pile since last year but it's finally found itself at the top of my reading pile for this feature week.

Angie and Kitty are the best of friends so it's a complete to shock when Kitty disappears without a trace without leaving any clues behind as to why she's gone.  But it's not only Angie she's left behind, Kitty has also left behind boyfriend of 18 months Simon who was just about to take the next step in their relationship and move in.

But as they start searching for her and get the police involved, they soon discover that Kitty wasn't the person they thought they knew.  So who is she really and why all the secrets?

Although the majority of the story is told from the point of view of Angie following her as she tries to unravel the mystery of Kitty's disappearance and how it affects the lives of those left behind but we also get to see flashbacks from Kitty which gives readers an insight to the secret behind her disappearance.  At times it was harrowing reading but I loved the intrigue and found myself reading the last third of the book in a single sitting as the story wound up to its conclusion.

Having read most of Claudia Carroll's previous books, Me & You was my favourite to date so I can't wait to read her next book Love Me or Leave Me, which is due out in October, as it sounds like another fab read.

I'd like to thank Becke at Avon for sending me a copy of this book to review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment