Monday 12 May 2014

Books Read: Allie Spencer - Save the Date

Family weddings can be hell. 

...and, marooned in Italy for her cousin's nuptials, Ailsa can be forgiven for thinking that this one is worse than most. With the bride and groom at loggerheads and the guests in uproar, it is a million miles away from the rest and relaxation she'd been hoping for. 


And then suddenly, in the middle of the mayhem, she comes face-to-face with Nick, the man she walked out on just a few months earlier. 


How can Ailsa help get the wedding back on track when she and Nick can't stop arguing? But if they do, she might remember why she fell in love with him in the first place - and then there really would be trouble.



Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

Allie Spencer's Save The Date is one of the many books that I requested from NetGalley last Summer but was sadly neglected due to the visible piles of books that I received but as I've decided to have a blitz on reviewing outstanding books from last year it's finally reached the top of my pile... better late than never!

The story features Ailsa who is getting over a nasty break up so the last thing she wants to do is attend a family wedding but a pleading email from the bride, her cousin Jess, and a free all expenses trip to Italy finally sway her.  But if she thought she was going to get a relaxing break then she's sadly mistaken as the sudden appearance of her ex Nick, and the emergence of a few secrets means that drama is never far away...

I loved the mix of characters who all played their part into making this such an entertaining read but my favourite would have to be Arthur, the stray dog who befriended Ailsa the moment she arrived at the hotel.  He was her shadow following her everywhere she went and created his own fair share of dramas along the way.

Save The Date was the perfect pick me up I needed this weekend as it was such a fun, lighthearted read that literally had me chuckling at what I was reading.  Yes there was predictability where the romance was concerned but I don't mind that in a story as sometimes it's nice to see someone on paper get their happy ever after especially when your own life isn't exactly a fairytale.   But it was the comical/farcical moments that made this such a fun read for me especially the one involving Ailsa, the groom and the father of the bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment