Sunday 22 June 2014

Reader Spotlight: Samantha Bates


Today I'm delighted to welcome fellow blogger Sam to the blog, so let's find out a little more about her...

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am 27, a primary school teacher and have been reviewing and blogging about books for almost a year. I started off by reviewing children’s books along with my class and then progressed into YA and adult.

Have you always been a bookworm? 
I have always enjoyed reading but since I became a teacher I have read a lot more and want to promote reading for pleasure and not just reading for a necessity.

Do you have a favourite author?
I used to have a favourite author – Sophie Kinsella, however since reviewing I have been lucky enough to read many different authors and experience debut authors, so now I currently don’t have a favourite.

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
I don’t really read books more than once unless I thought they were outstanding, the main reason for this is because there are so many books out there I want to read. I have read P.S I Love You on more than one occasion though by Cecelia Ahern.

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything?
Chick Lit and women’s fiction I read A LOT, however I also enjoy thrillers, crime and YA. I do not enjoy fantasy or Sci Fi – other than that I would give anything a go.

What book is top of your current wishlist?
Hmmm, well I am going through a bit of a YA mood at the moment so I would say – To All The Boy’s I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Hann

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
Physical books all the way! I do have a kindle – not working at the moment. But I much prefer a proper book, there is nothing better than turning pages!

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
Right, I know what you are going to say when I tell you this but I have never cried from reading a book. That probably makes me a dreadful person but I am not emotional when it comes to books…

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
Ok, I would probably take something that has been sitting on my shelves for a while and I have been dying to read but as it’s not been a book sent to review I haven’t got round to them.

-       How to fall in love – Cecelia Ahern

-       The Poison Tree – Erin Kerry

-       The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul – Deborah Rodriguez

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters?   
Oh, this is a tricky one because I have never really enjoyed the films when they have been adaptations from a book. Although I have recently read Life Drawing by Robin Black and I feel this would work well on screen. You can read my review for this on my blog – Mrsbbooks2011.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks very much for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment