Sunday 8 June 2014

Reader Spotlight: Trish Hills


This afternoon I am joined by fellow blogger Trish from Tishylou's World who I finally met in person at the Sunlounger 2 author/reviewer event a couple of weeks ago.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I'm originally from near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. I moved to Lancashire in 2000 with my parents (Mum was English, Dad is Canadian) and my younger brother. Mum passed away in 2010, brother moved back home and married his high school sweetheart 2 years ago. I've been engaged to J for 10 years and we own and operate a small shop that sells reconditioned computers and laptops. I love reading, tea, music, line dancing and Twitter.

Have you always been a bookworm? 
Yep. I've always read. I started reading Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley as a kid and moved on to Stephen King and Danielle Steel when I was 12. haven't stopped since!

Do you have a favourite author?
I have 2. Stephen King and Jane Green. Pet Sematary was the first “grown up” novel I ever read and I have all of his books in paperback and hardback. I also have a proof of “Bag of Bones” that I dream of getting signed.  Jane Greens' Jemima J was one of the first books I picked up after moving here and it got me completely hooked on “chick-lit/women's fiction”.

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
Pet Sematary. I read it every year at Halloween, without fail!

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything? 
I mostly read Women's Fiction (chick-lit) but I like YA and I'm starting to like Thrillers more. Mel Sherratt's Watching Over You and The Accident by CL Taylor have changed my mind!

What book is top of your current wishlist?
Um, I'm desperate for the new Jane Green “Saving Grace”, but it isn't out yet. Also can't wait to get a physical copy of Ice Cream at Carringtons by Alexandra Brown.

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I do prefer physical book but if it's eBook or NO book, I am happy for eBook!

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
Gosh, I cry ALL the time at books! The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman, The Dead Wife's Handbook by Hannah Beckerman, The Couple on the Green by Avie Bennett and The Accident by CL Taylor were all tear jerkers recently.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
Three???? Um, The Love Verb by Jane Green, The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell and The Couple on the Green by Avie Bennett.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters? 
The Couple on the Green by Avie Bennett!!! This story would out emotion The Notebook any day!!!  I would cast Reese Witherspoon as Iz (she's feisty, emotional and strong but vulnerable), I would have loved to cast the late Paul Walker as James.


No comments:

Post a Comment