Sunday 13 July 2014

Reader Spotlight: Catriona Merryweather


This afternoon I am delighted to welcome fellow blogger Catriona for this week's reader spotlight feature.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Ok so I'm Catriona and I blog at Fabulous Book Fiend. By day I'm a primary school teacher which I love & I try to bring my love of reading into work as well! I also love shopping & travel around the country quite a bit. I'm a massive audiobook fan because of all the travelling and my favourite things aside from books and shoes are buttons, cuddles & whisky!

Have you always been a bookworm?  
My reading habits have gone up and down over the years, during secondary school & university because of having to read I only really read in the holidays, but other than that I've been massively into books of all sorts-blogging has only accelerated this!

Do you have a favourite author?
At the moment it's a tie between Rowan Coleman and Miranda Dickinson, just because they're both lovely in real life too!

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
I'm a really bad re-reader (as in I don't do it at all!) but I loved Bridget Jones because it was a real turning point for me in my reading!

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything?
I read chick lit and YA contemporary really, BUT if someone recommends something different, then I'm all over that!!

What book is top of your current wishlist?
I really want to read the new Scarlett Bailey (because I'm in it!) and the new Miranda Dickinson for the same reason!

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I like a balance of both! That instant gratification of buying an ebook is wicked & my kindle is so handy, but having a beautiful cover can go a long way, then I can lend it as well!

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
I haven't cried for a while, I actually had to look at my recent reads... It was Carry You by Beth Thomas which I really enjoyed!

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
Bridget Jones by Helen Fielding.
Fairytale of New York by Miranda Dickinson.
The Complete Notes by Bill Bryson.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters?
All the books, I want all the books I enjoy to be made into films so that even non-readers can experience the joy of the stories! Sorry for the non-committal answer! 

Thanks for taking part Catriona x

No comments:

Post a Comment