Sunday 3 August 2014

Reader Spotlight: Jo Hurst


This morning it's the turn of fellow blogger Jo to appear in the Reader Spotlight feature.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m Jo from Cometbabesbooks, I am from a little town near Manchester, called Wigan.  I love reading and holidays, I try to get away at least a couple of times a year.  I started my blog in September 2013 and have made loads of lovely new friends since then.  I am addicted to twitter.

Have you always been a bookworm?  
Yeah I would say I have, I remember reading Ladybird books when I was little and it has just gone from there.  I do have times where I can go months/weeks without reading, not so much since I started my blog as there are so many wonderful books I want to read and with working not enough time to read them all.

Do you have a favourite author?
I have so many favourite authors, Jilly Cooper and Jackie Collins from when I was younger and since I have been blogging I have discovered loads of new and wonderful authors like Holly Martin, Aven Ellis, AJ Nuest, Rae Rivers, Rebecca Raisin, Elaine Spires and Jane Linfoot, there are loads more I have missed, I could go on and on.

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
It would be Gone with the Wind, I adore this book and if you like historical romance or just romance, then go and read this it has everything, I must have read it about 5 times. Although I haven’t read it for years, I intend to read it again soon and put a review on my blog.

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything? 
I mostly prefer fantasy, YA/NA or romance, whether it is chick lit or historical romance, I like a book I can lose myself in but don’t have to over think it.  I have been known to read autobiographies but again this has to be by someone I really want to read about.

What book is top of your current wishlist?
Oh gosh there are so many, there are 2 books I'm looking forward to one is by Aven Ellis, Chronicles of a Lincoln Park Fashionista, Aven writes such hot men.  The other is the second Sentinal book by Holly Martin.

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I honestly don’t mind, they each have their advantages, I like eBooks as you can take them anywhere on your phone or e-reader.  I love the smell of paperback books and again you can take these into a pool on your holidays, would hate to drop it in but it is less of an issue than dropping in your kindle. I’m not really fond of hardcover as I find these heavy and hurt my wrists but that is the only reason.

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
There have been a few recently, but the one that made me really cry was Tiny Acts of Love by Lucy Lawrie, it was gorgeous.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
One would be Gone with the Wind, but then I would be stuck between Harry Potter and Twilight, if they’re in a box set can they be classed as one book?

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters?   
Oh I don’t know, I really don’t like books that have been changed into films, when they make a film they miss so much out of them.

I would love to see Gone With the Wind, remade and have Stephen Moyer as Rhett Butler and Rachel Bilson as Scarlett.
Thank you for having me on your blog.
Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment