Monday 8 September 2014

Guest Book Review: Sue Moorcroft - The Wedding Proposal

Reviewed by Tanya Phillips

Can a runaway bride stop running?

Elle Jamieson is a private person, in relationships as well as at work - and for good reason. But then she's made redundant and with no ties to hold her, Elle heads off to sunny Malta.


Lucas Rose hates secrets - he prides himself on his ability to lay his cards on the table and he expects nothing less in return. He's furious when his summer working as a divemaster is interrupted by the arrival of Elle, his ex, all thanks to his Uncle Simon's misguided attempts at matchmaking.


Forced to live in close proximity, it's hard to ignore what they had shared before Lucas's wedding proposal scared Elle away. But then a phone call from England allows Lucas a rare glimpse of the true Elle. Can he deal with Elle's closely guarded past when it finally comes to light?


Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

The main character Elle finds herself redundant and revaluating her life as an IT consultant.  She decides to rent out her house to pay the mortgage and to volunteer in a children’s drop-in centre in Malta.  She manages to get herself a free bed on her good friend Simon’s boat who is also the uncle of her ex-boyfriend Lucas and unbeknown to her she finds that he is also onboard the boat working in Malta in a diving centre.  Their past relationship causes a strain on her enjoying her initial experience of Malta.  

To earn some money whilst there to pay for food Simon arranges for her to do some jobs on board the boat of Loz and Dave who are a great support to her and offer her a cabin on their boat.  


The story covers deception, bribery, downloading of inappropriate material, traumatic accidents and situations plus lots of beer.  I don’t want to spoil the story at all so you must read it to see what happens.


Wow what can I say other than I really enjoyed this book in fact it is responsible for keeping me up till 4 am.  The story caught my attention from the beginning when I found out it was set in Malta, which has always been one of my favourite places that I visited.  It was lovely to visualise the harbour and the boat taxi from Silema to Valleta.  I could even picture the old fashioned buses.  


The storyine was capturing and the characters are believable.  I loved the characters of Loz and Dave and how they are so carefree.  One of my favourite lines in the book is when Ella makes a retort to Lucas “I’ll not only tip you overboard, I’ll beat you to a bloody pulp and arrange for sharks to be out for their evening swim at the time.”


I'd like to thank Liz at Choc Lit for sending me this eBook and Tanya for reviewing it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tanya, for such a lovely review, and Shaz for hosting it. :-) x

    ReplyDelete