Thursday 29 January 2015

Books Read: Debbie Macomber - Mr Miracle

Harry Mills is a guardian angel on a mission: help Addie Folsom to get her life back on track - and help her find love. 

Creating a happy ending for Addie and her neighbour Erich doesn’t seem like much of a challenge. But soon after arriving in the town of Tacoma, Harry realises he might need some guidance. Addie and Erich can't stand each other; growing up he was popular and outgoing, while she was rebellious and headstrong. Addie would now rather avoid Erich entirely, especially at Christmas. 

Harry is going to need all the help he can get, and a bit of divine inspiration, to help Addie and Erich find their Christmas miracle.

Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

When I saw that Debbie Macomber had a Christmas book on NetGalley I automatically requested a copy without even reading the blurb as I have read and enjoyed many of her Christmas stories in the past so was expecting another charming festive read.  But what I got was something a little different and if I'm honest I'm not sure I would have requested had I known the story revolved around a guardian angel. 

We meet Harry who is new to his role of being a guardian angel as he's undertaking his first assignment which is to help Addie and her childhood neighbour/nemesis Erich reconcile.  In human form he has a job as a teacher for an evening class which Addie joins and gives him the chance to get to know her and her fellow pupils but he soon realises that human behaviour and emotions are a little different to what he's used to.    

As the story progresses we discover what had happened in the past between Addie and Erich and why their relationship was so strained but with their mothers living next door to each other it was inevitable that their paths would cross again one day. So can Harry help them overlook the past and start afresh?

I know that the heart of the story was about Addie and Erich's past and helping them to see what's in front of them but I actually would have liked to get to know more about some of her fellow classmates who each had their own story to tell. 

Overall this was an OK read but not one I'm likely to read again in the future but it hasn't put me off reading another Debbie Macomber Christmas book in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment