Monday 17 August 2015

Guest Book Review: Emma Hamilton - Greedily Yours - Episode 8: Sharing Plates

Reviewed by Kelly Spillane

Episode 8 of 8: Mia Maxwell would never have guessed that her summer trips to Cornwall could become more of a regular affair. But as she and her man pursue their own culinary ambitions, will sharing plates - or dinner for one - be on the menu for Mia? 

Greedily Yours is a serial novel about the quest for top dishes ... with a dash of accidental love. 

Mia Maxwell loves food. She loves it so much that she's made it her career. On the surface Mia seems to have it all sewn up. She lives in trendy east London with her best friend. By day she runs her own food PR consultancy, and by night she's a food blogger enjoying a burgeoning audience. Mia has a banker boyfriend who enjoys travelling the world, enabling her to taste the globe's culinary delights. But Mia is still hungry and, when she heads down to Cornwall to run a food festival, she doesn't realize that her entire life is about to be cast adrift. 


Amazon link: Kindle

Mia Maxwell is back in episode eight, this final installment in the Greedily Yours series. This episode picks up exactly where number seven left off and Mia and Tom are finally together, that is until Tom's father is taken ill and he has to return to Cornwall. Tom feels so guilty that he was not around when his father had the heart attack that he is determined to stay in Cornwall to help his father recover. This puts a huge distance between Mia and Tom. This episode sees the characters celebrate Christmas and with it brings descriptions of delicious food, that made my mouth water.  

This episode shows us more of Tom's life which I really enjoyed because we were able to see both Tom and Mia's point of views. I also enjoyed being able to get to know Tom's sister Sylvia better in this episode. For me, Mia has just gotten better and better as the episode have progressed and it is great to see her finally be happy in the closing episode. We also got to see a little bit more of Lizzie in this episode which I really enjoyed. I have gotten to know these characters so well over the course of the eight episodes and it is great to see each of them go out on a high.  

Usually I would much rather read a book than a story split up into separate parts but the Greedily Yours series really worked for me. The author was able to do so much more with Mia's character by splitting the story up into eight different parts. The more I read of Mia's story, the more I fell in love with this series. I would happily have read twenty episodes were they available although sadly there are only eight.  

The food described in each episode, this one included has left my mouth watering. It is so beautifully described you can almost taste it at times, I have also learned so much about the food and culture of the countries Mia visited throughout the series.  

I loved all the characters in this series, with the exception of Paul and Holly, but Tom and Mia really stood out for me. Both Tom and Mia, developed beautifully throughout the series and it was lovely to see their relationship blossom and grow too. They are two characters that will stay with me, long after the series has ended.  

I cannot praise this series enough. It is beautifully written and thoroughly enjoyable. Each episode leaves you wanting more and I am delighted to have been able to read such a great story. Entertaining from beginning to end. You won't regret reading this series and leaving Mia and friends into your life,  

Thanks to Sharon and Hayley, for allowing me to review this fantastic series.  

1 comment:

  1. Great review, it's made me really curious about the books!

    ReplyDelete