Friday, 5 October 2012

Books Read: Portia Da Costa - The Stranger


Once she had got over the initial shock of the young man's nudity, Claudia allowed herself to breathe properly again...

When Claudia finds a sexy stranger near her home she discovers that he has lost his memory along with his clothes.

Having turned her back on relationships since the death of her husband, Claudia finds herself scandalising her friends by inviting the stranger into her home and into her bed..


Black Lace are back... no not the cheesy pop band with their one-hit wonder Agadoo... but the adult fiction label that I first started reading in my early twenties.  The Black Lace label has been relaunched by Ebury Publishing and I was surprised by a parcel last week containing four of their latest books including The Stranger by Portia Da Costa which was originally published back in the 1990s. 

When Claudia discovers a handsome stranger bathing naked in a river near her house, little does she know of the effect he will have on her and the re-awakening of her sexual appetite in ways she could never have imagined.  Something she certainly didn't expect after the death of her beloved husband Gerald.

But the young man, Paul, has his own story... he cannot remember who he is or where he came from ... and only has the fancy dress costume he was wearing to his name!  When he turns up at her house in the middle of a thunderstorm Claudia welcomes him with open arms much to the surprise of her friends who think that Paul must be only after one thing, her money... why else would a younger man be interested in an older woman?

This book has a little bit of everything to please most appetites and overall it was an enjoyable read but not sure if I would have rushed out to buy it.  I haven't really bought into all the hype of the recent resurgence of erotica that has sprung up this year, in fact I've read just one, and not the one that most people would expect, so if I'm honest I could take them or leave them... maybe it's a sign I'm getting old!

I'd like to thank Black Lace Books for sending me a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment