Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Books Read: Tiffany Reisz - The Prince

One man taught her to love She left her old life for him. Now Nora is torn in two. Wanting to fit into this new, innocent relationship, yet relentlessly hungering for her darker self…and Soren, the man she left behind. 

One man taught her to obey While Nora's trying on innocence for size, Søren is stepping ever further into decadence, determined to block out the agony of watching Nora walk away. Will she ever choose to return to their life of glorious, addictive sin? 

Which man would you crave? 

When this book first dropped through my letterbox I was a bit unsure how I'd get on with it considering it's the 3rd book in The Original Sinners book and I hadn't read the first 2 books, The Siren or The Angel, and wouldn't have time to do so before I read this one.  But I needn't have worried as I was able to pick up the gist of the previous books whilst reading this book.

The story is told in two parts; the North element follows Soren and Kingsley and tells of events in their lives both in the past and the present, and the South part brings us up to date with the current state of play in Wesley and Nora's relationship now that she has left Soren to be with him.

And it's clear from the start that the two main men in Nora's life couldn't be more different if they tried, Wesley, aka The Prince of Kentucky, is naive and innocent and completely different to the type of men that Nora normally meets in her previous line of work, both as a dominatrix and an erotic writer, whereas Soren is an out-and-out sadist who cannot be satisfied unless he is inflicting pain.

Life in Kentucky for Nora makes her feel like a duck out of water as Wesley's world of horse racing is nothing like she has ever experience before.  But she does find that her former life does come in handy when she's forced to intervene during a certain event plus she also finds herself crossing paths with someone from her previous life.  So will she be able to leave her past behind her and start afresh?

Meanwhile back up North sinister events have started happening, and as they revisit their past we get to see how deep their lives have been connected for a long time, with a lot of pain, both physical and emotional, caused to themselves and others.  Soren and Kingsley need to find out who's haunting them and why before it's too late...  

I have to confess that I surprised myself by enjoying this book as much as I did despite not having read the first two and from about midway in I was hooked and couldn't put it down.  And as for suspense... this book ends on a real cliffhanger leaving you as a reader eager to read the next book to see what has happened...

I've just bought a Kindle copy of the first book in the series, The Siren, as it's currently a bargain price of just 20p, and will buy a copy of The Angel in the new year to try and read both sometime before the final book in the series, The Mistress, comes out next year.

I'd like to thank Tory at Midas PR for sending me a copy of this book to review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shaz, firstly let me say before Shades of Grey I never really read this genre but like everyone I fell for the Shades of Grey phenomena and my work colleagues and I started a book club and when we finished each we'd mail to the other (we were in four differnt parts of the country). one day I received a random email saying "The Siren" ON SALE $3.99 Amazon, today only - with the catch phrase "What Shades of Grey Should Have Been"... RRP was something insane so we googled and were blown away by the reviews and we all downloaded it... Oh my gosh! I have to say it's one.of.the.best.books.I.have.ever.read! The second I finished it I downloaded The Angel, I loved The Siren so much I didnt care how much it was going to cost me. I couldnt put it down and The Prince was the first book i've ever pre-ordered. I just got so caught up in their stories and who they were and the tale that was woven I was just blown away. There are bits where I winced and read with one eye open and one eye closed but oh.my.gosh! Long story short I highly, totally, fully recommend you read the first two :)

    I love your review and cant wait for my copy of The Prince to arrive.

    ReplyDelete