Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Film News: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

One of the things I love doing, almost as much as reading, is curling up to watch a good film which after watching Bridget Jones' Diary again has prompted me to add a new feature to the book called Film News.  Here I hope to be able to bring you news of books which have just had their film rights sold, or news about films based on books that are currently being filmed.

It seems to be a yearly occurrence at the moment that a Nicholas Sparks book is being made into a film and this year is certainly no different as filming has recently completed on Safe Haven, based on the book, starring Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough. 

Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. But in order to learn to love again you must learn to trust again.

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet unassuming, Katie is determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships.

Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community. But even as Katie starts to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts her . . .

As I mentioned previously when I reviewed The Lucky One, some of the films of Nicholas Sparks books I've watched first before reading the book and others I've read the book first, Safe Haven is one of the books that I have already read so I'll be interested to see how true to the book the film is.  Check out the trailer for the film below.


Safe Haven is due to hit our cinema screens on 1st March 2013 but more than likely I'll wait for its DVD release to watch from Lovefilm, which hopefully won't be too long a wait, due to the cost of a night out at the cinema these days... for the price of a cinema ticket I could buy two books!

No comments:

Post a Comment