Monday, 17 December 2012

Christmas Shorts with... Sarah Tranter

Today Sarah Tranter has popped by to answer a few questions for the Christmas Shorts feature. Sarah's debut novel, no such thing as immortality, is due to be published next month in paperback. 

What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Posting the boys' letters to Father Christmas up the chimney. There's a very handy ledge up there, but the boys think they get magically sucked away to wing their way to Father Christmas. The chimney is great at this time of year. The boys believe it has some kind of communication link to the man himself so a threat to shout up it to Father Christmas they are being naughty is quite powerful.

When the boys are asleep on Xmas Eve, I love sprinkling icing sugar around a big pair of wellie boots on the hearth, too. When the boys come down in the morning, it looks like Father Christmas' snowy footprints. Am waiting for the day they decide to taste the snow LOL.        

What is or was the best book-related Christmas gift that you’ve received?
My kindle! Hubs got me one last xmas. Wasn't at all sure about it at first. I adore holding a book in my hands. But I couldn't be without it now. Couldn't be without my proper books too, but I love it! And it is saving me a small fortune on my book spend. If I like something a lot on kindle, I often buy the real thing too.     
 
What is your favourite Christmas song?
Oh dear. Can't believe I am going to confess to this. Wham - Last Christmas. Going away to hide. First song I ever bought as a single. 12 inch at that! I still know all the words.

   
Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?
My hubs. Would be good to find the time to do that now and again.
 
What one thing would you like to receive in your stocking?
Time. A device that extends a 24hr period into a 48hr period - that extra 24 hrs being my own to write in. 
 
Finally a few quick fire questions to finish

Christmas at Home or Away? Absolutely definitely at home
Mulled Wine or Winter Pimms? Mmmm. I'm more of a baileys girl.  But Winter Pimms.
Sprouts... Delicious or evil? Delicious!  And my youngest loves them too, much to my eldest's disgust! 
Yule Log or Mince Pie? Yule Log
A Christmas Carol or Hogfather? Hogfather
Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life? Miracle on 34th Street 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Sharon - and Last Christmas! I'm rather making a fool of myself singing along this end :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that song in my head now Sarah! Love it - but absolutely bleurrrrgh to sprouts!! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Sorry about the sprouts, Chris! Yeah. The song makes me feel 12 again. Can remember so clearly buying the 12". I had the serious hots for George Michael. Merry Christmas to you, too! X

    ReplyDelete