Wednesday 12 February 2014

Reader Spotlight: Isabell Homfeld


Meet Isabell Homfi the latest blogger to take part in my reader spotlight feature. 

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hi everyone! I’m Isabell of Dreaming with open eyes reviews. I’m 23 years old and I live in Germany. I am training to be a media designer. I'm learning to design magazines, brochures, flyers and also how to program websites. My apprenticeship ends in 2015. My dream job is to work as a designer for book covers one day.

I have a passion for reading, blogging, music, concerts, travelling & motorsport. I’ve been blogging for just a couple of months and I’m enjoying it very much. I’m very happy I started blogging last year. I love the blogger community, they're all so welcoming and supportive. I've already made great friends on Twitter so I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I love to get to know other bloggers, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. I hope I see you soon on any of my social networks.

Blog: dreamingwithopeneyesreviews.blogspot.de

Twitter: @DWOE_REVIEWS

Facebook: www.facebook.com/dwoe.reviews

Have you always been a bookworm? 
I’ve always enjoyed reading books. The Harry Potter series were the reason why I started reading so much. The first German book came out in 1998 but I think I found out about it a few years later. I devoured those books, so after this I bought books from now and then but since I was a teenager I started buying books constantly. I was going through a period where I was not reading much but since about 3 or 4 year it was getting more and more. Last year I’ve read about 50 books. I love to get lost in another world and live in my own imagination. 

Do you have a favourite author?
Just one? I have quite far too many! My very favourite is Paige Toon. I've loved her since I read Lucy in the sky about a couple of years ago. I eagerly await Paige's books every year , because I just know they are going to be amazing reads. I also enjoy reading books of Samantha Young, Aven Ellis, Lindsey Kelk, Cecelia Ahern, Nicholas Sparks, Guillaume Musso, Miranda Dickinson and many more.

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
This is a really tough question. I’ve read so many books in my life. I’d probably choose Lucy in the Sky, P.S. I love you or any of the Harry Potter books. 

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything?
Yes, my favourite genres are: chick-lit/women’s fiction, romance and sometimes I’m also picking up contemporary or young adult books.

What book is top of your current wishlist?
Well, I think I’m not the only blogger who has a massive to-be-read pile and there are a lot of great books coming out this year. I’m looking forward to Paige Toons first YA release at the end of the month, also her new chick-lit novel Thirteen Weddings (8th May 2014) and Sarra Mannings It felt like a kiss, and Waiting For  Prince Harry by Aven Ellis.

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I’m old fashioned. I prefer physical books. Unfortunately I do not own a kindle (birthday wish for my 24!). I just own an iPod Touch with a kindle app and that’s how I read ebooks. A few months ago I was totally against kindles. I said I’m never going to by one but after I received a few ebooks from authors and publishers I noticed it’s not too bad. I read ebooks much quicker than physical books, so ebooks are fine as well. 

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
Honestly, I’m not crying very often while I’m reading a book even if it’s very touching. The last time I shed a few tears was when I read Fairytale of New York by Miranda Dickinson.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
On a desert island I would take 1. Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young and Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon.  This is a good mix of fantasy, contemporary romance and chick-lit.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters? 
There are a lot books I’d like to see turned into a movie. I was sorting my bookshelf this morning and I hold “heart New York” by Lindsey Kelk in my hands. It’s the best book of the series and I totally loved it. It’s a great story and I think it could be a great movie too. While I was reading the book I always imagined that Lindsey is the best cast to play Angela. I think they are very similar. 

Thank you for taking part Isabell x

No comments:

Post a Comment