Saturday 2 June 2012

Exclusive e-book short stories - are they necessary?

One thing I've noticed this year is that there seems to have been an influx in the release of e-book exclusive short stories ahead of a new book from authors. 

That's not to say that I'm against this as I have purchased most of them but it does seem to disadvantage readers who haven't got an e-reader yet (I would have been included in this category if I hadn't received a Kindle for my 40th birthday). 

Fortunately these e-books either tend to be free or are cheap so it's not going to cost you the earth to buy them.  But is this practice necessary for book promotion or is it simply a means to cash in further?

A selection of these short stories that have been released in the last couple of months or are due out soon are:



I'd be interested to hear from other readers as to whether they buy/read the exclusive e-books before reading the novels? 

No comments:

Post a Comment