Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas Shorts with... Amanda Egan

Today I'm delighted to welcome Indie author Amanda Egan to answer a couple of questions in my Christmas Shorts feature.  Amanda's Christmas Novella, Christmas Deliverance, is one of the many ebooks that's sitting on my Kindle that I'm hoping to read this Christmas.

What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
My mum always comes to us for a Christmas Eve curry(!) and afterwards we play a silly game or two.  She has her stocking and then hubbie and I have ours at midnight - our one bit of time just for us.  Our son has his in the morning in our room with us and the cats.  Then it's time for a vodka martini and presents around the tree. 

What is or was the best book-related Christmas gift that you’ve received?
Last year some lovely Aussie friends treated me to a kindle.  To finally see my books as my readers see them was a wonderful feeling.  My son then bought me my 'Mummy Misfit' style cover and it goes everywhere with me.  I still alternate between ebooks and real books - just an old fashioned girl at heart - but the kindle is so practical and I've read some great works by fellow Indie writers.    

What one thing would you like to receive in your stocking?
A cheeky answer here!  I'd like to receive a winning lottery ticket so that all my money worries would be over.
 
Finally a few quick fire questions to finish

Christmas at Home or Away? Definitely at home.  I've never spent a Christmas away and I have no desire to.  I love the cold, wet misery of the festive season in London!  The smell of wet brollies steaming in the shops - you can't beat it!   
Mulled Wine or Winter Pimms? I am a fan of mulled wine and can only really ever think of Pimms as a long, cool drink for a hot day.
Sprouts... Delicious or evil? Yum, yum and yum.  I adore sprouts and I'm so proud that my seventeen year old son does too.  What's not to like?  Crunchy, nutty and good for you too. 
Yule Log or Mince Pie? Yuck to mince pies - I loathe them.  I can't stand mince meat and I hate pastry.  Yule log with lashings of chocolate every time.
A Christmas Carol or Hogfather? I have to admit to being totally ignorant here!  I had no idea what Hogfather was - but thanks to the joy of Google, I do now.  It looks fun.
Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life? It's a Wonderful Life is on my Top Ten film list - cosy and feel-good.  It brings back happy memories of family time.

Amanda's Mummy Misfit books, Diary of a Mummy Misfit and the Darker Side of Mummy Misfit, Completing the Puzzle and Stilettos & Stubble are available now from Amazon or Lulu, as well as her recently published Christmas Novella, Christmas Deliverance 'because Christmas doesn't always deliver what you want... but sometimes it might be just what you need.;

You can find out more about Amanda and her books on her blog or follow her on Twitter where I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment