Sunday 15 September 2013

Books Read: Rebecca Chance - Killer Queens

"Every little girl grows up dreaming of finding a prince - but what is the fairy tale turns into a right royal nightmare?

Lori is a beautiful, blonde, all-American athlete. When the charismatic ruler of a small, filthy rich European state asks for her hand, she thinks she's snagged Prince Charming. But she soon realizes that all that glitters is not gold...

Belinda was once the most recognized and loved princess in the world. Forced to stage her own death, she lives incognito abroad with her adoring royal lover. Now, she is determined to return to England to see her son Hugo wed, even if it means risking her own life.

Chloe, Prince Hugo's fiancée, is the archetypical English rose. But it's a long road to becoming a princess, even when you're dating the heir to the throne. Perhaps the fairy-tale ending isn't all it was cracked up to be...

Killer queens, scheming kings, murder plots and lashings of steamy sex - find out what REALLY goes on behind closed palace doors."


Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

It's been a number of years since I read a book by Rebecca Chance, although I did buy her previous two books Killer Heels and Bad Angels which are still sat waiting to be read, so when I received a review copy of Killer Queens from Sophie at ED PR I was really looking forward to get stuck in.

Killer Queens follows the lives of three very different women who all have one thing in common... they have been married to or about to marry a member of a royal family.

Princess Belinda has been living her life in hiding ever since she faked her death to escape the clutches of the British royal family who she believed were out to kill her.  Her biggest regret though is that this has meant that she'd been cut out of her children's lives and has had to watch them grow up from afar.  

Chloe, a commoner, still cannot believe that she's planning her wedding to Prince Hugo, son of Belinda and second in line to the throne, but the only fly in the ointment appears to be his sister Sophie who is doing everything to make her life a living hell.  Will she get her dream wedding and her happy ever after?

Whereas Olympian Lori is literally swept off her feet by the King of Herzoslavakia and soon finds herself giving up her whole life to move to the exclusive kingdom but life turns out to be not quite as it seems. Has she just made the biggest mistake of her life?

Killer Queens was the perfect tonic I needed after a stressful day at work as it was pure escapism at its best enabling me to relax and unwind.  I was hooked from the start and soon found myself caught up in the dramas that were unfurling as I was reading.

There was an interesting mix of characters, we had them all... lovable rogues, damsels in distress, heroes and villains, and if I had to pick a favourite character I'd actually pick two Belinda and Attila, Lori's bodyguard.

As you'd expect from a Rebecca Chance novel there was plenty of glitz, glamour and, of course, sex... all I can say about that is that it put me off bananas for a while! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us in her next book, in the meantime I'll have to try and clear my reviews pile so that I can find the time to read the two books of hers that I've not read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment