Friday 29 November 2013

Books Read: Jo Carnegie - Party Games

FOR THE PERFECT LIFE . . . YOU MAY HAVE TO BREAK SOME RULES 

 I’m Vanessa Powell.

People think they know me because I’m famous. They think I’ve got the world at my feet and the husband every woman wants to marry.

But fame can be a lonely place and the perfect marriage can be even lonelier. Now someone’s come into my life who makes me feel alive.


For the first time ever, I’m thinking about what I really want. No matter what the consequences. 



Amazon links: Paperback or Kindle

Party Games is one of the eBooks that I'd requested from NetGalley that have been sadly neglected this Summer due to receiving a lot more books in the post than expected.

When I first heard that Jo Carnegie had a new book out I had been hoping for another book in the Churchminster series but I'm actually glad that Party Games is a standalone story as once again she has created a new cast of colourful and intriguing characters whose antics make for some interesting reading but there is also the return of one familiar face Catherine Connor who we last saw in Naked Truths.  

Ex journalist Catherine has had more than her fair share of drama in her life but if she thought that moving to the countryside town of Beeversham with husband John would lead to a quieter life then she's very much mistaken.  For one thing her arch rival Vanessa Powell and her sleazy husband Conrad also live there but also the town is under threat of a theme park 'Ye Olde World' being built on their doorstep so she finds herself right in the midst of campaigning against it.

Vanessa has become very disillusioned with her own life so when traveller Dylan walks into her life he might just be the perfect pick-me-up she needs...

Since the death of her mother young Fleur Blackwood has had to be there for her dad who's struggling to cope and trying to keep the bank from foreclosing on the loan on their farm.  So will hunky neighbour Beau be the saviour she needs or does he have an ulterior motive?  
   
I loved this book from the very first page and was found myself laughing, cringing, getting hot under the collar in equal measures and there was even one scene that really made my blood boil.  For fans of Jo Carnegie this book is a must and I can't wait to what she has in store for us next whether it's another book in the Churchminster series, a follow up to this one or something completely new, whatever it is I'm sure it's going to be another belter of a read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment