Thursday 12 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 12: Festive Fun Q&A with Lisa Dickenson


This morning it's the turn of debut author Lisa Dickenson to answer a few festive questions in the first of today's Countdown to Christmas features.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
Just that absolutely magical feeling of being little and waking up at 4am, the house dark, but 
ohmygoooood, there’s a crunchy stocking at the end of the bed. I’d get up and creep into the living room and there were what seemed like MOUNTAINS more pressies under the tree. 

It was so too early to be up but I was so excited!

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
This Christmas we’re with my husband’s side of the family, and we’ll be with my neice and 
nephew who are early primary school and, if they’re anything like I was then, they’ll be waking up at 4am too, completely over excited and just desperate for the day to start. I’m looking forward to that, I’m totally joining in. I’m also gagging to start watching Christmas movies, and the pre-Christmas prep at my parents’ house.

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative? 
Tradition, tradition, tradition – I’m very set in my ways at Christmas and scoffing a bloody 
great turkey and forcing down some Christmas pudding when you’re full to the brim anyway is all part of it.

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
Do I have to just pick one? There are so many! I love Sleigh Ride and Last Christmas, and a 
sprinkle of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon? 
It’s a Wonderful Life – I will have already watched Home Alone, Love Actually, Muppet 
Christmas Carol ten million times, but Wonderful Life is such a warming, lazy classic that’s it’s perfect for a sleepy Christmas afternoon.

Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again? 
A Christmas Carol – I am OBSESSED with this book (The Jolly Christmas Postman is also a classic).

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door? 
I would always love BeyoncĂ© to turn up and sing to me, because I LOVE her, but it would be 
pretty amazing if this Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots collaboration turned up 
also.

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If not at home, then New York – it’s just the perfect, festive setting, and I’d spend the whole day around Rockefeller – my favourite area.

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas? 
For The Twelve Dates of Christmas to do well! I so want to be an author, it’s all I’ve wanted, 
really, so if this book can lead to more books then I’ll be a very merry on Christmas morning 
(and not just because of the Baileys for breakfast)

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
I’d visit anyone who’s spending Christmas on their own, and do something festive with them, be it taking them to a church service or nattering over a Christmas dinner. I think it’s 
important for Christmas Day not to feel like it could be any old day.

Now a few quickfire questions to finish... 

Tree: – real or artificial? REAL!

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? Multi-coloured (I love the magical glow they give)

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Mulled Wine – mmmmmmm 

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Oooo, if I have to choose then Mince Pies

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? The Heads Up! game app by Ellen Degeneres – it’s HILARIOUS and I haven’t met anyone yet that doesn’t like playing it for hours on end.

You can connect with Lisa via Twitter @LisaWritesStuff or head over to her website www.lisadickenson.com to read the latest news about her 6 part romantic comedy The Twelve Dates of Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment