Friday 6 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 6: Festive Fun with Megan


This afternoon I have a bonus Countdown to Christmas feature for you which is a festive fun Q&A with the lovely Megan who reviews at Reading in the Sunshine

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
My earliest is getting a toy police car that I could sit in and ride around in when I was very little. I thought I was going to go around with my sirens on and save the world! 

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
It will be my first Christmas with Stephen as husband and wife, so it’s a pretty special one for us. 

We’re planning to watch lots of Christmas films, eat lots and laugh lots too :) 

Do you have any family traditions that you always follow? 
Stephen and I have the tradition that we like to go out on an evening and take a long drive around our town and the surrounding towns and look at everyone’s Christmas lights! We get excited by everyone else’s decorations! 

We also like to put up our Christmas decorations as early as possible, usually the first weekend in December we’ll put on a Christmas film or some songs, and get decorating!

Do you do the whole traditional Christmas dinner or have alternative?
The traditional Christmas dinner every year. My mum and I always do Christmas dinner together, and everyone comes to us. This year we’re cooking for nine people! 

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
I LOVE “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” – it’s SO happy and I always want to dance to it! 

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon? 
The Snowman. I’ve loved it ever since I was a child, I used to watch it with my Grandad when he was alive, and it’s become a tradition that I always watch it on Christmas day. Though I get emotional at the “Walking in the air song” and cry at the end too! It’s my favourite! 

 I ALSO LOVE The Santa Clause, it’s so magical! 

Do you have a favourite Christmas book that you read again and again? 
The Snowman….I see a pattern occurring here but I love The Snowman so much, I even have The Snowman Christmas baubles and Christmas coasters! 

Which singer/band would you like to turn up carol singing at your door? 
Michael Buble…ohmy I could listen to his voice all day. 

Which celebrity would you like to snog under the mistletoe?
Ooooh Benedict Cumberbatch definitely – he is BEAUTIFUL! Can someone arrange that for me?!

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’m going to sound really soppy but as long as I spend it with my husband I don’t mind where we are!  :) We’ve always said we’d like to go to Disneyland one Christmas so hopefully we’ll do that one day! 

What’s top of your wishlist this Christmas? 
I’m really hoping for the new Cecelia Ahern book, Stephen and I always buy each other books so I’m hopeful!!

If you could do one good deed for someone less fortunate than yourself this Christmas, what would it be?
I’d like to put a smile on someone’s face by offering a cup of tea, some food or even a chat…the smallest things can make a huge difference to someone’s life. 

Now a few quickfire questions to close...

Tree: real or artificial? Artificial. We’ve never had a real one and from what I’ve heard it sounds rather messy when everything starts to drop. Plus I’m the type of girl who likes to have the decorations up ALL month so with the artificial I can have it up for ages!

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? Multi-coloured – it looks so pretty!

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Mulled wine. 

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Mince Pies. 

Games: Monolopy, Trivial Pursuit or something else? I’m a HUGE fan of jigsaw puzzles, especially Christmas themed ones! (And yes, I have two “The Snowman” themed ones…)

Chat with Megan on Twitter @MeganInTheSun or follow her reviews at http://readinginthesunshine.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. That toy police car answer is so sweet!

    My daughter ALWAYS cries at The Snowman too. When she was in reception at school and they watched it, the teacher was really concerned because she was sobbing so much!

    ReplyDelete