Wednesday 29 January 2014

Reader Spotlight: Erin McEwan


My reader spotlight guest today is the lovely Erin McEwan who reviews at Erin's Choice

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hello, I'm Erin :) I'm 23 and I'm a self confessed book addict. I can't actually stop buying them, even thought I have hundreds to read alreay! My TBR is growing and growing and I especially love getting book post from all of the lovely publicists!

I've been blogging since June 2013, which I finally bit the bullet and just went for it and I can't believe how successful it's been! I've also been welcomed into the book blogger community where there are so many other wonderful bloggers, including Sharon!

Have you always been a bookworm? 
Yes. Quite frankly. I love it. I can remember at primary school I would read the older kids reading books just so I could read more. I remember I used to love Roald Dahl and the first book that I read quietly to myself, instead of aloud, was Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Do you have a favourite author?
This is a tough one. I love Paige Toon to bits, I think she taught me what a book boyfriend was and how to really invest myself in a story, but I also love a Scottish (proud moment) author called Samantha Young. I first read one of Samantha's books at the tail end of 2012. I had read Fifty Shades and as such Sam's first book On Dublin Street (of the eponymous series) was in my "recommended for you" list. I fell in love with her writing, I fell in love with her leading female, I fell even harder for her leading male and I just loved the story. I've loved each book in the series from that moment. I also got to meet her so that was really quite cool.

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
Another hard one! There are two books that I never tire of reading and those are Chasing Daisy and Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon, I could read them over and over again without being bored.

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything? 
I generally read from the chick-lit/romance genres. Recently I've acquired a liking for New Adult books which I was introduced to in Tess Oliver's book Freefall. I was also introduced to the POV of the leading male! A pleasant and refreshing surprise. I feel like I've had an education since I started blogging!

What book is top of your current wishlist?
The book at the top of my wish list is *consults Amazon* The Edge of Never by J A Redmerski

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
I love reading a physical book, however, due to tightening of purse strings ebooks are probably my preference. They're also easier to have and look after, no dog-eared corners, no covers peeling off from being read over and over, and most of all they don't take up space on your book shelf!

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
The Guestbook by lovely author Holly Martin, before that Castle Hill - A Joss and Braden Novella from Samantha Young's On Dublin Street series.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would  you choose?
I would take...  1. the 4th Harry Potter book, I love it. Between the 4th and the 6th but I think the Quidditch World Cup just edges it. 2. I'd take Sunlounger by Belinda Jones and a whole load of other authors. It's "The Ultimate Beach Read" which has over 40 short stories in it so that would keep me occupied! 3. I would take Johnny Be Good, gorgeous Johnny Jefferson to keep me company. Yes Please.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters? 
I would love The Sentinel, also by the lovely Holly Martin to be made into a film, and after deliberation with Holly which involved many hours of research, on my part, for hot enough pictures of them both, the Hemsworth brothers would definitely be in the cast!

Thanks for taking part Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment