Sunday 26 January 2014

Reader Spotlight: Stephanie Rothwell


I had such an amazing response to my blog post yesterday looking for bookworms to take part in my new Reader Spotlight feature that I'm already in a position to bring you the first one, meet the lovely Stephanie Rothwell.  

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I'm 45 years old and have been married for nearly seven years. Work as a supervisor in the printed circuit board industry. Not my ideal job but I can eat and buy books. I use goodreads and book likes to publish reviews and have started receiving arc copies through netgalley.

Have you always been a bookworm? 
Always, my Mum reminded me last week that I used to read everywhere. Including when I was fastening my shoes for school. I read daily, can finish a book in a day if I'm on holiday. Usual is 2 a week.

Do you have a favourite author?
I don't really have a favourite author but there are certain authors I buy as soon as they release. These include Mark Billingham, Peter James, Mari Hannah, Sharon Bolton and Val McDermid

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
I rarely reread now. The last one was The Quincunx by Charles Palliser

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything?
Crime

What book is top of your current wishlist?
The Toy Taker by Luke Delaney

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
e books, mainly because they take up no space in my home and they are easier to take to work.

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
Wake by Anna Hope. I received a proof copy (my first) and it is one of the best books I have ever read.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
Ooh tough one. The book mentioned in question 4, Jamaica Inn which was my favourite Du Maurier and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I think this is the only book that I enjoyed enough at school to reread after I left.

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters?   
I think Wake would make a wonderful movie especially with the 100 year anniversary of WW1 this year. Actresses is one that I just can't answer.

Thank you for taking part Stephanie x

No comments:

Post a Comment