Sunday 30 March 2014

Reader Spotlight: Megan


This morning in today's Reader Spotlight feature I'm delighted to welcome the gorgeous Megan who reviews at Reading in the Sunshine

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Megan, I’m 24 years old and I got married to my wonderful husband last year. I’m ALWAYS on Twitter and I often gush on there about books that I have read and absolutely loved, I get very passionate about them! There will also be many tweets about my not so secret crush and fangirling over Benedict Cumberbatch.

Have you always been a bookworm?  
Always. My Dad read to me from an early age and I grew up reading with him – I have many happy memories of discovering my favourite childhood books with him. Birthdays and Christmas were THRILLING when I received a new book and the best part of a shopping trip was wandering in the local bookshops. I always carried a book everywhere with me, and to this day I still do – you never know when you might have a few minutes spare to read some pages!

Do you have a favourite author? 
Alexandra Brown – she is a WONDERFUL lady! I also have HUGE LOVE in my heart for Holly Martin & Jack Croxall. 

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again? 
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. The story is complex yet it is beautiful and I can gush for ages about how Claire and Henry are soulmates and how they love each other infinitely through time. I also cry buckets over it but it is so worth it. 

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything? 
I will read anything. Being a book blogger has literally opened my eyes to all the WONDERFUL varieties of books out there and I’m finding now that I will try and thoroughly enjoy books I perhaps wouldn’t have picked up before. 

What book is top of your current wishlist? 
I have two. Unwoven by Jack Croxall and The Prophecies by Holly Martin……oh HURRY UP AND RELEASE THEM I CAN’T WAIT! ;) 

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference? 
Physical books always. I still haven’t bought an ereader and I don’t think I ever will, I am so in love with the feel of a paperback or hardback. I like having a physical book with me, being able to carry them round and gush over the beautiful covers, gaze lovingly at them on my shelves, everything!  I like being able to lend books to my nan or to share books with Stephen. 

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
Fractured by Dani Atkins – this was very undignified crying, sobbing loudly and wailing! To anyone reading this, if you haven’t read this book then please do – it is AMAZING.

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose? 
Really – only three?! Oh gosh okay…The Sentinel by Holly Martin – Because then I can fangirl by over Seth and Eve and I can’t get enough of their love story! Peter Pan – because it is WONDERFUL and a childhood favourite of mine. PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern – It is a book that has a special place in my heart.

Thank you for taking part x

No comments:

Post a Comment