Thursday 3 April 2014

Guest Book Review: Sylvia Day - Afterburn / Aftershock

Reviewed by Charlene Wedgner

Never mix business with pleasure. Never bring politics into the bedroom. I can't say I wasn't warned...Two years after I took Jackson Ruteledge as a lover, he was back. Walking into a deal I'd worked hard to close. Under the tuteledge on Lei Yeung, one of the sharpest businesswomen in New York, I had picked up a thing or two since Jax walked away. I wasn't the girl he once knew, but he hadn't changed. Unlike the last time we'd drifted into each other's lives, I knew exactly what I was dealing with...and how addictive his touch could be. The inner circle of glamour, sex and privelege was Jax's playground - but this time, I knew all the rules of the game. In the cutthroat business world, one adage rules all: keep your enemies close and your ex-lovers closer... 


Amazon links: Kindle - Afterburn & Aftershock or Paperback

I have finally finished this book which by my usual reading speed should have been finished days ago. But whether it is because I have been busy or the book wasn’t gripping enough it seemed to become a task to get it finished.

Firstly let me start by saying I’m a massive fan of Sylvia Day and have devoured all of her books so when Sharon needed someone to review this latest book I jumped at the chance.

However for me this didn’t meet those expectations maybe due to comparing to the high standard of her other books. There were also some similarities between this couple and the couple in the crossfire series. I found it at times confusing and all over the place .There was predictable moments and often felt dull and disappointing.

Of course there was some steamy moments, maybe not enough ? 

This book had potential and was an ok read but didn’t entice me enough as her other books.

Thanks to Sharon for letting me be a guest reviewer :)

I'd like to thank Shane at Cherish PR for sending this book to me and Charlene for reviewing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment