Sunday 6 July 2014

Reader Spotlight: Margaret Bonass Madden


Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am an Irish book fanatic who began blogging in July 2013. I have been a foster mum for four years now and have four of my own children too. I recently returned to education after 23 years and am loving it!

Have you always been a bookworm? 
Completely! I was brought to the library every week as a young child and when I had made my way through their collection, I pestered my mother to bring me to bookshops on a regular basis. Nancy Drew was my favourite.....I have recently ordered the first in the series for my youngest daughter.

Do you have a favourite author?
If forced to choose, I would say Sebastian Barry. But there are so many, of all different genres: Daphne du Maurier and Jane Austen would be my favourite classic authors, Karin Slaughter and Clare McKeown are my current favourite crime thriller reads, JoJo Moynes and Lucy Clarke are great modern fiction and then I have lots of favourite literary authors too, like Donal Ryan. Too many to choose!!!!!

What is your all-time favourite book that you love to read time and time again?
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, just pure perfection....

Do you have a preferred genre that you mainly read, or are you open to read almost anything? 
I’m open to anything except fantasy and sci-fi. I have tried, but just can’t get into them. I have never even read Harry Potter *Shocker*

What book is top of your current wishlist?
The Temporary Gentleman by Sebastian Barry

Physical books or eBooks, what’s your preference?
Definitely physical books. Although, as a reviewer a lot of the ARCs come as ebook format, I tend to choose my hard copies over the digital ones. I love the feel and smell of an actual book.

What was the last book you read that made you cry?
I rarely cry at books but some will stay with me for a long time after I have finished them. Some of the ones that have affected me most were The Bridges of Madison County, Beyond Grace’s Rainbow, Marley & Me and The Fault in our Stars

If you were going to be stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, which ones would you choose?
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier for its perfection, Gone with the Wind as I have never read it and it’s a long one to keep me busy and the complete works of James Joyce, which would mean I would finally get around to it!

What book would you like to see made into a film and who would you cast for the central characters? 
I would love to see Unravelling Oliver by Liz Nugent on the Big Screen.....Such a great story and some amazing characters! I think unknown actors would be best, as there would be no type casting involved.

Thank you for taking part Margaret x

No comments:

Post a Comment