Monday 26 October 2015

My Favourite Book is... by Laura Ayling, Ana & Kate Moloney


Laura Ayling from Lozza's Book Corner

My Favourite Book Is.... wow what a question.

In all honestly I don't think I could pin point one.

One of my favourites from my child hood is a book called "Each Peach Pear Plum", every page has a rhyme on it and you have to find people such as Tom thumb, Cinderella & baby Bunting. My two young neices now love love this book so it's a special time when we read it together.

Adult wise... hmm, there's far too many from JoJo Moyes' Me Before You, any of Jill Mansell's and most recently My Sisters Secret by Tracy Buchanan.

But one I will read again and again is Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern - I love the uniqueness of it being written completely via email/letter and text!

Ana from This Chick Reads

For a book blogger and a person who reads +100 books a year, one would say I’ll have a problem in making up my mind when it comes to choosing my favourite book of all time. Despite the fact I’ve read many good books throughout the years, there’s one book that stands high on the pedestal. That book is ‘The Girl on the Cliff’ by Lucinda Riley.

Those of you who’ve had the chance to read any of Lucinda Riley’s books will now say ‘Ahhh, of course! I totally understand why she picked this book’, but for those of you who haven’t had the opportunity to read any of Lucinda’s works I shall try and briefly explain why I love it so much.

I bought it while on holidays in Greece, hoping for a light hearted family mystery, but what I got was a beautiful, mesmerizing, complex story entwining different generations and plots, a story that made me cry like a baby once I finished it. I don’t remember if I got up from the sofa at all, I read it cover to cover in one single sitting.

After I finished it, I remember I ran to my husband and cried my eyes out while trying to explain why I’m crying. Yes, ‘The Girl on the Cliff’ is one of these emotional tear-jerkers that are sometimes so painful to read because they get all these emotions out of us. It was then that I realized I must read all her books and up to today, Lucinda has never disappointed me. Isn’t this feeling the best of all?

Knowing you’ve discovered an author whose writing style you adore and each time you start their book you feel the comfort and familiarity of their words? For me, it’s the best reader’s experience and nothing can compare to it. Lucinda’s new book ‘The Storm Sister’ is out on 5th of November and I was one of the lucky ones to get an early proof. I honestly can’t wait to start reading it! Even now as I type this post I see it looking at me, tempting me and all I can say is ‘Come to me, you beautiful, wonderful thing!’


Kate Moloney from Bibliophile Book Club

So I had a think, and I've finally come up with a favourite! :)

Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

I love this book! If anyone ever asks for a recommendation this is the one I always suggest. It is so well written, so full of unexpected twists and turns, and a genuine shocker. The scariest thing about this book is that it could happen to anyone. I found myself reading it and in parts, thinking yeah, that's me, or that happened to me. The fact that it hits so close to the bone with some issues in the book are what made me love it even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment