Saturday 14 November 2015

Kelly's Guest Review: Debbie Macomber - Dashing Through the Snow

Reviewed by Kelly Spillane

Ashley Davison is desperate to spend the holidays with her mother in Seattle. Dash Sutherland has an interview for the job of a lifetime in Seattle and must arrive by 23 December. Both frantic to book a last-minute flight out of California, Ashley and Dash collide at the airport to learn that there are no flights and only one rental car available. After a rocky start, the two reluctantly agree to drive to Washington together. But their journey isn't without obstacles, and a misunderstanding with the law threatens to ruin their holiday plans altogether. 

Will Ashley make it home in time to surprise her mother? Will Kevin report to duty as expected? And most importantly, will they both have the opportunity to discover the greatest gift of all?

Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback

Ashley Davidson has just found out that the restaurant she works in is being closed for renovations over the Christmas holidays so she goes to the airport desperate to get a flight home to Seattle to spend Christmas with her mother. Dash Sutherland has a huge job interview in Seattle and he must arrive by the evening of the 23rd of December. But when Ashley is denied a ticket at the airport, and Dash is offered a place on cancelation list, Ashley and Dash soon see that their only option is to hire a car and make the journey from California to Seattle together in the last hire car available. Add to this the fact that the FBI are on the hunt for Ashley, after her name appeared on a no flight list at the airport and she is wanted for terrorism. What ensues is a mad dash across the United States, with the FBI hot on their tails. But the question still remains, will Ashley and Dash get to Seattle on time and is Ashley really who she says she is or is she a wanted terrorist?  
  
Despite having a few on my tbr pile, I have never read a Debbie Macomber book before now. I had no idea what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. I can't say that I absolutely loved the story but I found that I couldn't put it down. I think what was wrong with it for me is that it was quite short and I think that if it had been a little bit longer and the story was able to develop more it would have made such a great book. I felt that because the book is short that some parts of the story was rushed, especially at the end. I would have loved to gotten to know the characters more and see what develops between them, rather than them not talking one minute and them loving each other the next.  
  
All that aside, I found the twist in the tale to be fantastic. So cleverly written and it really kept me guessing until the very end. The characters are so likable, I just wish I could have gotten to get to know them more. I had read this book read before I knew it and my finger was nearly cramping from turning the pages I was reading it so fast. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning until the very last page. It is possible to read this in one sitting and it definitely gets you in the Christmas mood.   

I am really looking forward to discovering more Debbie Macomber books and seeing what else she has to offer. Despite the fact that I thought it to be a bit short, I really enjoyed it and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice light festive read. 

I'd like to thank Kelly for reviewing Dashing Through the Snow which we received from the publisher via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment