Thursday 9 December 2021

Festive Fun with... Kerry Parsons


Today it's my pleasure to welcome blogger Kerry from Chat About Books to the blog to find out what she likes to do at Christmastime. 

Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
Hi Sharon, thanks for having me on your blog. I’m Kerry. I’m 44. I have been married to Steve for 19 years and we have two grown up children together (21 & 20). We also have a 10-year-old Shih Tzu called Bella. I started my book blog, https://chataboutbooks.blog in October 2015 and I love it! I set up a little freelance book promotion service in June 2020, https://bowensbookpublicity.com . I have had the pleasure of promoting some fabulous books over the last year or so and I look forward to what the future might bring. I love nothing more than to spread the word about books! I have also been our church treasurer on a voluntary basis since July 2014.

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas? 
I am most looking forward to being able to have my Mum and my Mum-in-law (both widows) over on Christmas Day for dinner. Last year we all kept to our own households, despite restrictions being lifted just for the day, and our Mums both spent the day alone. 

Do you have any favourite family Christmas traditions? 
We don’t have any specific Christmas traditions to be honest. 

What is your best Christmas memory? 
Every Christmas has been special in its own way, but I think Christmases when the children were little and excitable were the most magical. Seeing them both in school nativity plays and carol concerts was always amazing. I really missed those things when they both left Primary School.

Describe your ideal Christmas 
Christmas for me is about the people, not the presents. My ideal Christmas is spent with family enjoying quality time together, making memories.

If you could choose one person, dead or alive, to celebrate a one-time special Christmas with, who would you choose and why? 
My Stepdad, Dave, who we lost to cancer in 2009. He was only 58, taken far too soon.

What is your favourite festive book of all-time? 
The Christmas Wish by Tilly Tennant.

If you could spend Christmas with any fictional character, who would you choose and why? 
Now there’s a question. How do I choose!? I think I’ll have to say Frank Phillips, from L J Ross’ DCI Ryan series, as he cracks me up! We’d have a right laugh I reckon.

Do you have any Christmas book traditions? 
Not as such, but I do like to read at least one new Christmas book each Christmas.

What 3 books would you love Santa to have in his sack for you? 
Any books would be gratefully received. I have quite a lengthy Wishlist! Unfortunately, Santa rarely buys me books. For some reason he seems to think I already have too many. I don’t know why as there is literally no such thing as too many, in my opinion!

What is your favourite Christmas song? 
All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey 😊

What is your favourite Christmas film? 
The Holiday.

And finally, what are your hopes for 2022? 
My hopes for 2022 are for good health and happiness for all I know and love. Plus, lots more lovely books, and hopefully more in person book events. 

Quick-fire questions

Roses or Quality Street? Roses. 
Mince pies/Christmas cake or Yule log? Mince Pies. 
Turkey or ham? Turkey. 
Brussel sprouts or roast parsnips? Parsnips. 
Gravy or cranberry sauce? Gravy. 
Fake or real Christmas tree? Fake. 
White or coloured lights? White. 
Giving or receiving presents? Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment