Tuesday 7 December 2021

Festive Fun with... Lainy from So Many Books, So Little Time

It's my absolute pleasure to welcome my friend and fellow blogger Lainy to the blog for today's Festive Fun with... feature. 

Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
My name is Lainy, I am a Scottish bookworm and lover of all things books and paws.  We have been blogging for 10 years.

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas? 
Putting up the decorations, we do 12 days before, 12 after, my mums tradition.  We have the old fashioned ceiling decs and the big star is 40 years old (held together with staples, tape).  I wear Christmas themed clothes from the 1st to the 31st much to my o/h horror.  We hope this year will be even more extra special, it is a time for family.

Do you have any favourite family Christmas traditions?
As above, Decorations, family dinner, memories of those no longer with us and of course we watch one of the best Christmas movies, Die Hard.

What is your best Christmas memory? 
Family being together around the table.  It is the one time of year we never worried about food and the house always smelled amazing.  

Describe your ideal Christmas 
All of our loved ones together together, we start with the stockings being opened, then the presents – used to love seeing my mums face light up and squealing at whatever nonsense she had.

If you could choose one person, dead or alive, to celebrate a one time special Christmas with, who would you choose and why? 
My mum.  She loved this time of year and it would be so so good to have everyone together <3

What is your favourite festive book of all-time? 
I don’t have one particular but any set in this festive period tends to be a thumbs up

Do you have a favourite Christmassy cover? 
I wish it could be Christmas Everyday by Milly Johnson (it is my most recent)

Do you have any Christmas book traditions? 
Not really, in December I always try to read festive books or if they look festive but have also done crime books that have a hint of festive, anything goes.

What 3 books would you love Santa to have in his sack for you? 
Steve Cavanaghs’s new Eddie Flynn but as he is still literally writing it just now that would indeed be a miracle. The Science of Monsters: The Truth about Zombies, Witches, Werewolves, Vampires, and Other Legendary Creatures by Meg Hafdahl, Kelly Florence (Paperback) and The Spirit Engineer by A J West

What is your favourite Christmas song? 
Oh so many but I LOVE Last Christmas by Wham, I wish it could be Christmas every by Wizard and Merry Christmas Everyone by Shaking Stevens

What is your favourite Christmas film? 
Die hard 

And finally, what are your hopes for 2022?
A bit less loss, heartache and sadness than 2021

Quick-fire questions

Roses or Quality Street? Quality Street 
Mince pies/Christmas cake or Yule log? Neither really but I have tried a Yule log, never had a mince pie nor Chrimbo cake 
Turkey or ham? Turkey 
Brussel sprouts or roast parsnips? Sprouts 
Gravy or cranberry sauce? Gravy (never had the cranberry) 
Fake or real Christmas tree? Fake 
White or coloured lights? Colour 
Giving or receiving presents? Giving, I love seeing folks faces lighting up, also I find opening gifts really stressful

You can connect with Lainy via her blog https://www.alwaysreading.net, Twitter @smbslt or Facebook So Many Books, So Little Time 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me xxx

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete