Saturday 11 December 2021

Festive Fun with... Rea from Rea's Book Reviews


One of the first blogs I ever visited was Rea's Book Reviews and I'm thankful for the years of friendship and support that have followed since and here's to hopefully being able to meet up again in person next year. 

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I wear my heart on my sleeve and love to do what I can to make everyone I come into contact with feel happy and appreciated. I find reading a good way to escape and also to make friends. I have a habit of not being able to read with out a cup of tea and a biscuit or cake so the waistband has grown drastically over the years thanks to my reading habits but I am taking it as a bonus as it means I am harder to kidnap.

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas?
Hopefully having the first happy Christmas with my family since 2018. As lovely as all the presents food and decorations are there is nothing I appreciate more than spending time with my loved ones and having a day with no worries.

Do you have any favourite family Christmas traditions?
Get up in the morning stick on happy elf and eat the chocolate orange 🍊 from my stocking! 

What is your best Christmas memory?
One of  The first Christmases with my niece, there is something so much more magical about seeing the little ones faces shine on the moment they see the presents under the Christmas tree and then undoing them and saying “ Thank you thank you so much I have always wanted this…… what is it? To everything” 

If you could choose one person, dead or alive, to celebrate a one time special Christmas with, who would you choose and why?
My Husband. Christmas has never been the same for me and my family since he passed, he was the biggest child of all, sneaking a peek at presents and would always be the one to instigate the game playing the louder and the messier he would choose!

What is your favourite festive book of all-time?
The Jolly Christmas Postman! I know I am still such a child but I still even have my original copy from when I was small. Having dyslexia I always struggled with reading but I think where this was such an interactive book with all the little letters in envelopes and puzzles it was exciting to pull it out and reread year after year.

What Christmas book would you like to see turned into a film?
Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones

If you could spend Christmas with any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Charlie from the Cream Tea Bus series by Cressida McLaughlin because she is a character who I feel is already my friend and with her baking skills I will have a fabulous feast to eat with great company and we can jump on Gertie and collect all the family for a unique Christmas on the travelling bus! 

Do you have a favourite Christmassy cover?
Every year I find a new favourite and every time you think it can’t be beaten up pops another enchanting idyllic cover! 

Do you have any Christmas book traditions?
For the past few years once everything is completed on Christmas Eve as the dark settles in and the Christmas lights begin to shine and the hassle and bustle of the world rushes by I pop into the bookshop and treat myself to a book as no friends and family buy me a book as “ you have read them all!” Then I take a seat in Costa as close to the window as I can and sit and drink my Black Forest Hot chocolate and start my book whilst taking the od glimpse of the world rushing by soaking up how happy and cheerful everyone is, if only every day had that joyful energy in it it would be a happier place.

What 3 books would you love Santa to have in his sack for you?
The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan
Mother’s and Daughters by Erica James ( Santa can get things early hehe!)
One of my favourite books of all time is Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe so I would love there to be a special edition with spredges to die for!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Rocking around the Christmas Tree

What is your favourite Christmas film?
Happy little elf!

And finally, what are your hopes for 2022?
To find happiness

Quick-fire questions

Roses or Quality Street? Quality street
Mince pies/Christmas cake or Yule log? Christmas cake
Turkey or ham?  Turkey
Brussel sprouts or roast parsnips? Parsnips
Gravy or cranberry sauce? None 
Fake or real Christmas tree? fake
White or coloured lights? White
Giving or receiving presents? Giving

Blog: https://reabookreview.blogspot.com 
Twitter: @bookreviewbyrea 
Instagram: @reabookreviews 
Facebook: Rea Book Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment