Wednesday 19 November 2014

Author Interview: Rachel Brimble

Today I welcome author Rachel Brimble back to the blog to find out about her latest book Christmas at the Cove.

Rachel lives with her husband and two teenage daughters in a small town near Bath in the UK. After having several novels published by small US presses, she secured agent representation in 2011. In 2012, she sold two books to Harlequin Superromance and a further three in 2013. She also writes Victorian romance for Kensington--her debut was released in April 2013, followed by a second in January 2014 and the third is released Jan 2015. 

Rachel is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association and Romance Writers of America, and was selected to mentor the Superromance finalist of So You Think You Can Write 2014 contest. When she isn’t writing, you’ll find Rachel with her head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with her family and beloved black Lab, Max. Her dream place to live is Bourton-on-the-Water in South West England.

She likes nothing more than connecting and chatting with her readers and fellow romance writers. Rachel would love to hear from you!

Website
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

More family for Christmas? 

Scott Walker doesn't have time for a relationship. The sexy mechanic has career ambitions, not to mention a mother and three sisters to take care of. The last thing he needs is Carrie Jameson, the beauty he never forgot, arriving in Templeton Cove over the holidays with some unexpected news. 

Scott still finds Carrie irresistible, and he's not one to shirk responsibility. Scott's issues with his own dad make the prospect of parenthood a minefield. But if he and Carrie can overcome their fears, this Christmas could bring them the best gift of all.

Can you describe Scott in 3 words?    
Loyal, honest, passionate

And in the interest of fairness, describe Carrie in 3 words? 
Caring, determined, intuitive

When creating characters do you picture them as someone famous?  If so, who was your Scott and Carrie?
Always! I start every book scouring the Internet for images of my hero and heroine – Scott is Joe Manganiello (True Blood) and Carrie is Carrie Underwood (Country singer)

How many more books are planned for the Templeton Cove series? 
I have no idea! I have just handed in book 5 to my editor which is a romantic suspense linked to book 3, What Belongs To Her (although all the books can be read as stand-alone). This is the last book I am contracted to write for Harlequin Superromance, but I’m praying my editor offers me another contract because I have notes written for at least three more books in the series. I’m not ready to leave the Cove just yet…

You also write historical novels, which do you prefer or is that like asking a mother which child is her favourite? 
It is a bit like asking a mother which child is her favourite! I love writing my Victorian novels equally as much as my Templeton Cove series and love that I get to alternate between the two. It keeps me excited about my work as well as (hopefully) ensuring the writing and ideas are fresh to my readers. I hope to move on from my Victorian books to write some Edwardian novels some time in the future. Watch this space!

Can you give us a hint as to what you're currently working on?
I am currently writing book four in my Victorian series with Kensington (all books can be read stand alone) – this is Jane and Matthew’s story who both featured as secondary characters in book three, What A Woman Desires, coming in Jan 2015. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M0174GU

How do you manage to combine writing with work and/or family life? 
I am lucky enough to be a stay at home mum to two teenage daughters so I treat my work as a full time job during the week. I work from 8.30 to 5.30 with a dog walk and quick lunch break in between. I often sneak back to the laptop after dinner to around 7pm and then it’s family time…which more often than equates to TV & knitting!

Do you set yourself a daily writing target?
I try not to punish myself too much if I don’t reach it, but I am happiest when I have written at least 2,000 words a day. Having said that, when I’m editing a book or working on revisions, I often achieve zero words. Writing is work and it’s a case of juggling and prioritising as you would in any job.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, Shaz! Loved the interview and now looking forward to chatting with your visitors :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete