Thursday 29 November 2012

Books Read: Belinda Jones - Winter Wonderland

Imagine waking up in a snow globe. . . 

That's how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival.

Over ten sub-zero days Krista's formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious. . .

The two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through the protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland?

. . . let the snow-spangled adventure begin


What can I say about this book... I loved it and couldn't put it down which led to one very late night where I was determined to finish reading it even if it killed me!

We meet Krista, a travel writer for an online holiday website Va-Va-Vacation, who travels to Quebec to research the Winter Carnival and recommend places to visit for their site.  Her first port of call is to spend the night in an ice hotel, which sounds absolutely magical, where she's to meet photographer Gilles for a photo shoot but she ends up getting more than she bargained for.

Soon Krista is swept up in the magic of the city as well as an adventure or two involving a certain mysterious character whose up to mischief, but it's when her path crosses with the Wolf-Man, aka Jacques, that the sparks really start to fly.

Some might say that the ending was a little predictable but as a hopeless romantic I didn't mind this, I love a happy ever after ending although I was also a little sad when I discovered the secret that they both had in common.  

One of the things I loved about this book was the setting of Quebec as it's one of the places on my top 10 list of places to visit... some day if I ever win the lottery.  Belinda's descriptions of the streets and places were so detailed that I could almost picture it as if I was there myself.  I particularly loved the sound of the husky ride and it's definitely something I hope to do before I'm too much older!

I'd like to thank Belinda's publishers Hodder Books for sending me a copy of Winter Wonderland to review.  Apologies for the delay in uploading, I accidentally deleted the original review.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I love Christmas and the cover is very festive.

    ReplyDelete