Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Reading Challenge: Nicola May - Christmas Yves

It’s two days before Christmas - and Evie Harris finds herself both manless and jobless. After a chance encounter with handsome Greg (and egged on by her toy-boy-eating friend, Bea) she agrees to work at a homeless shelter on Christmas Day. 

Striking up an unlikely friendship with homeless Yves, Evie begins an unwitting journey of spiritual awakening, all set against the sparkling winter backdrop of London landmarks. 


A New Year’s Eve revelation is on its way . . . but will it leave Evie with a happy heart, or will she allow the pre-Christmas past to dictate her future?



Amazon link: Kindle

Having recently lost her job, discovered that her boyfriend has been cheating on her and facing being evicted unless she can find someone to help pay the rent on her flat, Evie is understandably not looking forward to the future especially spending Christmas alone.  So when she meets a handsome stranger Greg in a bar she finds herself agreeing to volunteer in a homeless shelter on Christmas Day, an experience that certainly opens her eyes and makes her think about what's important in life.

This was an interesting novella that stays with you long after you have finished reading it as it certainly makes you take a look at your own life, well it did me anyway, and be thankful for what you do have and not about the things you don't have. It was full of interesting characters especially Yves, the homeless guy, and best friend Bea, whose antics caused me to chuckle out loud whilst reading during my lunch break, and of course there was the obligatory romantic lead, a Christmas story wouldn't be complete without one.  But it was the ending that had me sobbing as it was especially poignant for me at this time of year.

Even though I have several of Nicola May's other eBooks on my Kindle, I haven't managed to find the time to read them as I'm still trying to clear my reviews backlog but I'm definitely planning to make time to read them in 2014!

I'd like to thank Nicola for sending me a copy of this novella to review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment