Tuesday 21 July 2015

Guest Book Review: Emma Hamilton - Greedily Yours - Episode 5: Single in Sicily

Reviewed by Kelly Spillane

Episode 5 of 8: Newly single and determined to stay that way, Mia Maxwell sets off to Sicily. But will her guide's charms and the delights of Sicilian cuisine sharpen her appetite for love and romance as she tours the island gathering material for her upcoming book? 

Greedily Yours is a serial novel about the quest for top dishes ... with a dash of accidental love. 

Mia Maxwell loves food. She loves it so much that she's made it her career. On the surface Mia seems to have it all sewn up. She lives in trendy east London with her best friend. By day she runs her own food PR consultancy, and by night she's a food blogger enjoying a burgeoning audience. Mia has a banker boyfriend who enjoys travelling the world, enabling her to taste the globe's culinary delights. But Mia is still hungry and, when she heads down to Cornwall to run a food festival, she doesn't realize that her entire life is about to be cast adrift. 

Amazon link: Kindle

Food blogger Mia Maxwell is back in episode five of this thoroughly enjoyable eight part series. Each episode sees Mia travel to a different place and this one is no different  as we follow Mia's adventures, this time picking up where episode four left off, in Lebanon and Sicily.  

With each episode I read of this series, the more I am blown away by the author's ability to bring each location and each dish mentioned to life. The food described in each episode, but this episode especially made my mouth water. I found myself being transported to Sicily while reading this installment and the author is gifted with the ability to make you feel like you are there, walking through the streets of these stunning locations with Mia. So far, this series has also educated my hugely on the food and cultures of all the places that Mia has visited. I find myself becoming more and more interested with the dishes and foods of each of the countries being described and I even found myself googling them at times to get a better feel for what is being described.

I have loved the character of Mia from the beginning of the series but I think that she has really blossomed into a great character now that she has put her relationship with Paul behind her. She has become a fun and very memorable character. I am really enjoying the relationship between Mia and Tom and I can't wait to find out what happens between the two characters in the next three episodes. The author has struck gold writing the relationship between the two characters. The chemistry between Mia and Tom is beautifully written and I am really rooting for them to get  together.

Since I started reviewing this series for Sharon I have become hooked. Each episode is the perfect length to keep you interested and ends on a cliffhanger that keeps you guessing and leaves you wanting more. Beautifully written and has the ability to transport you to beautiful locations. There is nothing that I haven't loved about this series so far and I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into the next three installments.

I'd like to thank Hayley at ED PR for sending us Greedily Yours: Single in Sicily for Kelly to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment