Saturday 21 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 21: Festive Fun Q&A with Rosie Fiore


Tonight's Countdown to Christmas feature is a festive fun Q&A with author Rosie Fiore who has just published her Christmas novella, Holly at Christmas.

What’s your earliest or favourite Christmas memory?
My dad in his red (-ish) dressing gown with a cotton wool beard, pretending to be Santa and coming to our bedroom window on Christmas Eve. My sisters and I weren’t fooled, even when we were really tiny, but we appreciated the effort. 

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
My older son (21) coming home from uni, and going shopping for the Christmas tree with him and my younger son (4). Then we’ll all decorate the tree together, and the tinsel wars will begin. My older son thinks it’s vulgar, my husband loves it. It’ll go on and come off the tree a number of times.

What’s your favourite Christmas song or carol?
It came upon the Midnight Clear. But I sing in a church choir, so we do them ALL. O Come All Ye Faithful is also a humdinger, especially when you get to sing “Yea Lord we greet thee, born this happy morning” on Christmas morning. 

What film do you hope to curl up and watch on Christmas afternoon? 
I do love Love Actually. And last year I saw Arthur Christmas, which I thought was a fab animated Christmas film. I would like to see that again. Oh, and Mary Poppins. Anytime. Not just Christmas. 

If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Anywhere where I could gather my far-flung family. I have siblings and family in South Africa, 
Australia and the US. If we could all be together anywhere (maybe in a villa in Tuscany), that would be brilliant. 

What’s top of your wish-list this Christmas? 
A stress-free festive season! It seems to be less and less fun the older you get. I’d like to enjoy Christmas like a four-year-old this year!

Now a few quickfire questions to close...

Tree: real or artificial? Real! Have to have the smell, and the wonky branches, and the needles everywhere.

Fairy Lights: White or Multi-Coloured? Lotsa colours!

Drink: Mulled Wine or Bucks Fizz? Both? Although I’d prefer unadulterated bubbles to Buck’s Fizz.

Food: Mince Pies or Xmas Pud? Also both! Do I sound really greedy? I LOVE Christmas food!

Games: Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit or something else? No games! They’re sure to cause a battle in any family.

You can connect with Rosie via: 

Website: 
http://www.rosiefiore.com
Twitter: @rosiefiore

No comments:

Post a Comment